4

Jaspers pov
She's my mate. Sydney swan. She's enhanced and strong from what I can tell. Edward and Bella went to Jacksonville. But not her. Renee is her mother too...why didn't she go? Here we are chasing Victoria. I keep my eye on my mate as she levitates in a red outfit.

She shoots a blast at Victoria but she stumbles onto wolf territory

She shoots a blast at Victoria but she stumbles onto wolf territory. We try to stop emmett but he crosses and so does Sydney. She puts a shield around her and emmett and she snaps "back away paul" the wolf growls "now" she snaps and tilts her head "or I'll make you" she looks to Sam "I'm not a vampire" this is what makes Paul take the leap at her and she pushes him off with her power and we hear bones start to snap "this will make you reconsider ever attacking ever again"

 She puts a shield around her and emmett and she snaps "back away paul" the wolf growls "now" she snaps and tilts her head "or I'll make you" she looks to Sam "I'm not a vampire" this is what makes Paul take the leap at her and she pushes him off ...

Carlisle says "Sydney let him go" she pushes the wolf back onto his territory and stops and he seemingly gets up okay. "It was all in your head. Just like me." She says walking back with emmett who she's grown close to. Emmett always likes to prove he's the strongest and she's not afraid of showing how he's wrong. It's interesting. I ask her "are you okay Darin?" she sends me a smile "I'm okay jasper...promise" I nod and smirk "that was fun to watch" "I bet it was...Victoria is gone" she sighs. Emmett tells her "thanks for the back up little witch"

She rolls her eyes at his nickname and she says "I'm going to head home since this was a bust" I offer "I can take you" she nods "I'd like that" we've only known one another a few days but...we are growing closer. I can guarantee she already knows about our bond from my mind. I take her to my bike and hand her a helmet and she raises an eyebrow at me and I chuckle "wear it Darlin...for me" she sighs "fine" and puts it on. She looks cute "thanks" she says and I smile "my pleasure" getting on and she gets on after me and she wraps her arms around me. I smile starting the bike and she chuckles "stop smiling"

"No can do Darlin" I say. I get her home safely and Charlie comes out "a bit late yeah?" I say "sorry, we lost track of time sir. She's already eaten for the night as well" he nods "which one are you?" I hold my hand out "jasper hale" he nods and shakes my hand "Charlie" that was good...I think? I mean he's not angry or doesn't feel as if he doesn't like me. He tells me "try and have her home before midnight next time okay?" I nod "will do sir" they walk in and I drive home. My soulmate and how ballsy she is on my mind. Paul could've really hurt her but she didn't care and protected emmett.