you can have my crayon .ᐟ

( m )

matt didn't like sharing, at least not in school.

he has three brothers at home to share with. they share a room, a bathroom, the playstation, and many more. sometimes his brothers like to cut the line when queueing for ice cream too. share, share and share. he's been doing it for four years now - giving in to chris and nick's whining. listening to justin solely because he's older. while he loves his brothers, he's a little bit sick of sharing.

so he didn't share anything in kindergarten.

he'd clutch on his toy truck for dear life - blue eyes glued on tiles to avoid eye contact. small fingers dragging the truck around the floor, head in his own world. he'd run to be the first in line for lunch and to play on the swings. it doesn't matter how much the teachers would beg him to share the crayons - he'd pout and shake his head.

arielle never takes no as an answer.

she's the only child with very doting parents - not getting what she wants is a rare occurrence. usually all she'd have to do is show people her puppy eyes and she'll get whatever she wants - whether it be a barbie doll or something as simple as ice cream before dinner. but clearly it wasn't as easy with matt - even a frown on her face didn't work.

" this is my crayon, so i don't want to share it, " matt muttered, doe eyes glued on the coloring book.

his whole hand was wrapped around the red crayon - carefully coloring in a picture of a train. tongue stuck out at the side of his lips, focusing. miss adams said the prettiest pictures are colored within the lines, and matt was determined to make his train picture the coolest.

a groan from arielle gained no response from matt. she slumped on her chair, chin pressed against the table. arielle watched the brunette's hand movements as he colored in his picture - train of thoughts running fast as she thought of a way to make matt share the crayon. the girl's gaze landed on his shirt, coincidentally matching with hers. she gained an idea, then. if life was a cartoon, you'd see comical devil horns appearing above little girl's head.

" we have matching shirts! " arielle cheered, two fingers slightly tugging on the minnie mouse shirt. her grin was wide, showcasing her missing tooth.

now, as adults, that tactic might've not worked but they were four years old then, and little kids bond over the simplest things. having the same name, or the same toy - little things. matt was the same.

if he was so stubborn before - he certainly wasn't then. grinning, you could practically see the excitement in his eyes as he looked at arielle up and down, nodding vigorously.

" we do, we do ! " he cheered, fanning his mickey mouse shirt.

arielle was indeed correct - both their shirts were red, the only difference being his had mickey on it while arielle's had minnie.

a smile was plastered across arielle's face - genuine excitement. she'd forgotten about the fact that she faked excitement as a bait to get matt's crayon. the brunette boy just looked so happy that she couldn't help but giggle along too.

" 'm arielle! and you? " she questioned, one pale hand handed to matt.

he excitedly grabbed her hand, shaking it, " matt! "

quickly, the boy turned back to his table, grabbing the red crayon before sheepishly offering it to the older girl.

" you can have my crayon! "