i don't want you to go.

( a )

THE HEAT OF JULY INCHED CLOSER, which marked the coming of summer. arielle could already imagine the cute lemonade stands which will soon scatter around the neighborhood, and neighbors with pools in their backyards.

arielle loved summer. loved the bikini tan lines, the popsicles and the free time. she liked that summer meant no waking up early for school and no homework.

ecstatically, arielle lorelai porter waltzed around her room, hair brush in hand. five days before summer and she already had a clear schedule. fret not though, the girl already had a list of things to do with matt throughout summer.

"if you need me to be with you, i will follow," she sang, head banging to the music, voice breathy due to jumping around.

a slight pause to take a breath,"where you lead."

the scene went on for a good while, from tv show theme songs ( it's insane how she remembered the lyrics to the big bang theory's song ) to taylor swift songs.

in the midst of jumping around, arielle failed to realize matt lurking by the door. his lips were pressed together in an attempt to surpress a burst of laughters, face a crimson red and tears in his blue eyes. he did good for a minute, until the laughters slowly started to spill in the form of wheezes.

arielle's head snapped towards his direction, jumping back when she spotted her best friend.

"what the fuck, matt? i could've been fucking naked!" she screamed, throwing the hair brush towards him.

matt easily dodged her attack, shrugging, "it's not like i haven't seen you naked before."

a gasp from arielle, one that screamed disbelief.

"we were kids!" she yelled again, going to her bed to grab a pillow to throw at matt. this time, it hit him before falling onto the ground and creating a loud thud.

matt grabbed the silk pillow off the wooden floor before tossing it to arielle's bed, chuckling and shaking his head. arielle on the other hand had her arms crossed, pout as evident as ever. 

"i have good news, ari." matt spoke.  he sat on arielle's vanity.

"oh yeah? bite me," arielle replied. arms still crossed, refusing to look at matt in the eyes. 

she'd say she was sulking but the truth was, she was a little ( a lot ) embarrassed with what matt had witnessed a minute earlier.

the brunette boy took a deep sigh. it was big news, what he was about to announce. big, exciting, happy news. he wanted the announcement to be perfect — oh he could already picture arielle jumping up and down in happiness. 

"taking so long and for what," arielle muttered. with that, she earned a glare from matt.

"it needs to be perfect, you wouldn't get it."

arielle huffed and let matt be. a few more inhales, exhales until matt finally parted his lips to speak.

"i'm going to la for the summer, staying at my manager's house," matt, announced, grinning.

by his tone, and by the look she got from her side eyes, she could tell matt was excited. arielle had always been happy for everything matt achieved, every little win from learning to cycle on two wheels and getting a thousand subscribers. she'd leap at every single achievement — so why wasn't she happy at the moment? she was the complete opposite.