Chapter🅰 The First Fight💑

Adam & Eve

Our case study here is from the book of genesis 3 from verses 1 all the way to 24. For emphasis on the topic of discussion in this chapter, we will base on verses 11, 12 & 13 (Amplified version)

11.  God said, "who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree which i commanded you not to eat?"

12. And the man said "The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me from the tree, and i ate it".

13. Then the Lord God said to the woman, " What is this you have done?" And the woman said, "The serpent beguiled and deceived me and i ate."

The serpent went mute probably because it wasn't inquired of him or there was none other to blame. He was guilty as charged. Imagine if he had something to say like 'you kicked me out so it's a pay back'. I don't think this answer would've been far from his intentions. Here's a good one 'I thought to try them out, how was i to know that they will fail you since you trusted them so much.' I wouldn't say he took responsibility but at least knowing he was evil in his ways, he didn't play the blame game unlike Adam or Eve who would have corrected the mistake immediately by taking responsibility to say 'Forgive us for we have failed and we're sorry.'

I believe it would have made a whole difference and sense especially if it came from repentant hearts rather than the focus being a fight on who is to be blamed. I guess they needed a scapegoat to take all the accusations.

All that was required then is solution to a miscalculated problem, not shifting blames. As a leader, a head over a home (note: not head of home, there is a difference. One is a leader, meaning responsibility while the other is a title) and a priest,(spiritual leader)

Adam should have stood in the gap as a responsible head over his family to apologise to God, for not educating his wife enough on the importance of obeying God's word. Eve well aware, neglected the husband's place, as head over their home, manipulated him by taking advantage of his love for her, ignoring his instructions, did as she pleased, should have been responsible enough to say so seeking God's forgiveness instead of shifting blames.

Inorder words Adam accused God i.e judging Him unfaithful by the kind of wife He gave her. So to him, God tempted him because He gave him Eve. James 1:13-15

    13: Let no one say when he is tempted "I am being tempted by God."For temptations does not originate from God, but from our flaws. For God cannot be tempted  by evil, and He Himself tempts no one.

      14: But each one is tempted when he is dragged away, enticed and baited by his own worldly desire, lust and passion.

        15: Then when the illicit desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin and when sin has run it's course, it gives birth to death.

Where there is love, forgiveness is available and if they had asked, i believe they would have been forgiven by a God Who as big as He is, took time to come down to them in the cool of the evening for fellowship. It's funny they hid from God, because of their sin and nakedness. I often ask 'is it possible for anyone to hide from their maker?. Psalms 139:8 king James version

    "If i go up to the heavens, behold thou art there, if i make my bed in hell, behold thou art there."

No product can hide itself from it's manufacturer. It's best to go to God first before you're sins finds you out. He is our Father, He created us and knows we are full of mistakes so He made provisions for forgiveness. 1John 1:9 Amplified version

     "If we freely admit that we have sinned and confess our sins,  He is faithful and just, He will forgive our sins and cleanse us continually from all unrighteousness."