BATTLING ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY😏🙄 IN MARRIAGE

Here we are with another controversial topic in marriage. A very delicate matter indeed! Let's dig in.

A man usually assumes he is entitled to his wife's submission just as the latter also assumes the man must love her even as the bible has instructed. They go on and on quoting scriptures on one another without reasoning. We lack understanding!

I have found out especially with Africans that we like to pick on scriptures, sayings, adages and proverbs that suites us to oppress the ones that lack a knowledge of it, sometimes to enforce selfish aims. This is common especially with people who are too "must have my way". When the same people are missing it, often wonder why they don't educate themselves with any of the scriptures that has something to say about their own mistakes because in their eyes, they are right or must be perfect. We lack understanding! God help us all if we can open our hearts just a little for God to intervene.

Let's compare scriptures at this point without being biased. Marriage is discussed in many passages of the bible but let's deal with places where some instructions are issued as a command. Ephesians 5:21-33 and Ephesians 6:1-9, Colossians 3:18-25, and 1Peter 3:1-7.

The good place to start from after reading, understanding and comparing these scriptures would be telling ourselves the truth! Which is communication and balance! A dysfunctional marriage, home or family will do so at least if they honestly desire to experience peaceful, happy, joyful family@God's therapy.com

Wisdom for me is divine understanding of a problem and admission of the problem, which points to knowledge. It is not smartness, brilliance or intelligence as some suggests or think, though one that has wisdom, have these qualities. Knowledge is acquiring and educating one's self of a working solution to a problem, you have understood, then applying it, which is key. Application is prompt response, also being consistent with solutions that you have acquired and educated yourself with, i.e not giving up until desired results are achieved. Achievement is the wisdom i.e results that the world sees and celebrates it!

EPHESIANS 5:21-33 (KJV)

21. Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
22.Wives submit yourself unto your own husbands as unto the Lord.

23. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church and he is the Saviour of the body.

24. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

25. Husbands, love your wives even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.
26. That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word.

27. That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, wrinkle or any such thing but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loves his wife, loves himself

29. For no man ever hates his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it even as the Lord the church

30. For we are members of his body, of his flesh and of his bones.

31. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and shall be joined unto his wife and they two shall be one flesh.
32. This is a great mystery but i speak concerning Christ and the church

33. Nevertheless let everyone of you in particular so love his wife even as himself and the wife sees that she reverences her husband.

EPHESIANS 6:1-9 (KJV)

1. Children obey your parents in the Lord for this is the right thing to do.

2. Honour thy father and mother which is the first commandment with a promise.