friends

━━━━━━ ꕥ ━━━━━━
[ FRIENDS ]
SCOTT HOLLAND AND RICK RILEY
" you are really hot when you're mad. "

" flashback to my mistakes, my rebounds, my earthquakeseven in my worst lies, you saw the truth in meand I woke up just in time,now I wake up by your sidemy one and only, my lifelinei woke up just in time, now i wake up by your sidemy hands shake,...

my rebounds, my earthquakes
even in my worst lies,
you saw the truth in me
and I woke up just in time,
now I wake up by your side
my one and only, my lifeline
i woke up just in time,
now i wake up by your side
my hands shake, I can't explain this
ah, ha, ha, ha-ah
say my name and everything just stops
I don't want you like a best friend. "
dress
taylor swift

━━━━━━ ꕥ ━━━━━━

━━ GWEN BANKS KNOWS WHAT SHE WANTS -- SHE ALWAYS HAS

━━ GWEN BANKS KNOWS WHAT SHE WANTS -- SHE ALWAYS HAS. At four, she knew that she was okay with just brothers and no sisters. At eight, she was sure that she was going to become a doctor, no matter how much school it would take her. And at fourteen, she knew that Scott Holland and Rick Riley, the only two kids who came up and introduced themselves to her at freshman orientation, were going to be in her life forever.

She wishes she was a little more certain on how they would be, though.

They've been through everything together -- the disaster that was her first period, the nuclear fallout of six breakups between them, too many hockey and cheer seasons to count, and that very awkward period when Rick started growing facial hair but didn't know how to handle it. If they survived all of that, they could survive anything, right? Right? As the summer of nineteen ninety six fades into her senior year, and things have started to change. With Gwen doing her best to keep herself (and her incredibly anxious little brother) afloat, Rick breaking things off with Mindy (again), and Scott taking more Advanced Placement classes than he should legally be allowed to, things have started to get tense between them.

Everybody's always thought that their bond blurred the lines of friendship and tipped into something more, but Gwen is pretty sure that there's nothing going on. They're just her friends -- her friends who held her hair back when she puked, and scared off boys when they gave her unwarranted attention, and give her a shoulder to cry on when she needs one. Sure, she's never really liked their girlfriends, and they've never been entirely cordial to her boyfriends, but that was all a good judge of character. Mindy is a total cunt, and both of Scott's girlfriends cheated on him, and her boyfriends were all douchebags, anyway. And, sure, Rick and Scott have always been closer than most boys that she knows, but all three of them have always been a little too close for everyone else's comfort.