𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ✧.*

🌸✨🌈🍂✧.* & .*🦋💫🛼🍂

chapter one !
(takes place during 1x01 'Meet')

trigger warning: mentions of panic attacks and anxiety. read at ur own caution besties, ok ily❤️)

🌸✨🌈🍂✧.* & .*🦋💫🛼🍂

*🦋💫🛼🍂

🌸✨🌈🍂✧.* & .*🦋💫🛼🍂

LYDIA HEANEY WAS NOT A MORNING PERSON. LIKE, AT ALL.

Having to wake up ridiculously early in the morning for school was something she already detested enough, without piling on the added annoyance of having to wait for her twin sister, Imogen, to finally finish doing her hair and make-up in their shared bathroom after waiting for about twenty minutes. And yes, sure, Lydia could simply set an alarm so she could wake up a bit before her sister and be the first person to use the bathroom to get ready, but the thing was, she didn't necessarily want to do that.

To be fair, over the years Lydia had managed to form some form of routine each morning. After coming to the realisation that she was just too fond of sleep to set an earlier alarm, the youngest Heaney had learned to make do.

Her school uniform was always neatly folded and sat on the ottoman at the end of her bed each night, the make-up she knew she would need was neatly organised at the desk set up near her window, and she always made sure to pack her bag the night before, too. Plus she'd shower before bed the night before, knowing that Imogen usually had one in the morning. That way the only thing she needed to wait on Imogen exiting the bathroom was so she could brush her teeth and straighten her hair.

Today was no different.

Lydia kept a watchful eye on the small clock on her bedside, making sure that she wasn't giving her sister too long a time over the usual twenty minutes. As she absentmindedly watched the time, the thought of school began to creep into her mind.

There was a lot of anxiety for Lydia when it came to school. Not because she was particularly bad at school. She actually excelled in most of her subjects, apart from Physics, that class just gave her a cluster headache and made her want to sleep. She was so glad she could drop it next term.

It was more the people at school that were the source of Lydia's anxieties. There was a certain amount of attention that, no matter how quiet, and how good at avoiding any type of drama she was, she was always going to have on her. That was one of the perks of being the twin sister of one of the most popular girls at Higgs, people would always be watching her.