Prologue: 𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

" The light of the Sea "

Afternoon time for Hogwarts and everyone was at the great hall doing their own thing, some were stuffing their face with food, while some were reading and the rest chatting amongst their friends and were gossiping and talking *cough* stalking their crushes.

" Do you think my Lily-flower loves me? " James Potter asked his eyes seemed to be in a dazed as he questioned his friends unaware of the longing looks sent to him by a doe eyed girl at the Ravenclaw table.

" I should bloody well help so! You guys have been snogging, shagging and now she's pregnant, you left her for Muriel remember? Why you asking this? " Sirius says bitterly, he was still upset and pissed off at his brother in all but blood in how he treated one of their own, throwing her away like trash.

Sirius might be a womaniser but he never would have done what James did to Muriel... god it was so awful for him to witness the betrayal look on her face seeing them in bed together, he hasn't forgiven James and he's not sure if he can.

Muriel... like James saved him from his loneliness, she accepted him wholeheartedly, she became like a mother to him and to see the broken look she had just two weeks ago makes his heart ache.

As he looks across the Ravenclaw table, he sees her actually smiling genuinely, and just thought maybe she can move on and be happy, but he knows it's a lie... never has he seen someone love the way Muriel has and that's just too sad. Because maybe if people loved the way she did, the Wizarding World would be a better place.

The girl looks like she hasn't slept for two weeks straight, she looks awful, her eye bags are so big and her eyes... they're so beautiful and yet they're brimming with sadness, he couldn't bare to look anymore.

" What's that supposed to mean? " James asked incredulously.

Remus who was staying quiet decided to step in, even he was appalled by his best friend actions, it didn't make sense, one minute he was planning on proposing to Muriel, the next he was in bed with Lily, it's like he's a completely different person...

And then suddenly the realisation kicks in, he turns to look at James' eyes and noticed a dazed look, a white veil covering them and the gears in his head are kicking in and then suddenly it makes sense

His change in attitude, his constant mood swings, his lack of empathy for what he did to Muriel, he's been enchanted... Lily Evans used a love potion.

No wonder his best friend seems like more of an idiot, he turns to Sirius wide eye and catches his attention and mouths to him ' Lily spelled James '