One: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧

"Mom?" her soft voice filled the great hall, James felt his heart warm up hearing the voice of his lover... well ex-lover but he is still hopelessly in love with her that has got to count for something at least he thought.

Muriel lifted her head to see two teenages that resemble her likiness, one with eyes as blue as Atlantis lights and the other deep doe brown eyes that resemble the boy she's in love with... the same boy that broke her heart.

" That's right mum, I'm your son with dad, "

" And I'm your daughter Odette, but you call me your little swan. Please say you believe us, " she begged, she wouldn't be able to stand it if her own mother wouldn't believe her.

Muriel looked into the eyes of both the children in front of her, she sees no hint of dishonesty but sees the truth and it warms her heart for the first time since it's been broken and gives them a bright geniune smile that dazzled the great hall whilst the students muttered ' wow ' and ' beautiful ' causing James to glare at anyone who stares at her too long.

The future generation smiles softly, their second mum was just as beautiful in the past as she is in the future.

" So, who's your dad? " she asks, some part of her has an idea but part of her cannot decide whether she wants it to be him or not.

The siblings look at each other nervously but before they could say someone gives a soft cough, Muriel turns her head to the sound and her smiles slowly disappers as she stares at the young boy in front of her, causing the rest of the future generation to slightly frown not liking seeing her sad along with her demi-god friends.

" Seems like we're married in the future my little sea, " he says nervously, trying to lighten up the mood, but unexpectedly Muriel lets out a tear drop down, her breathe hitches and her eyes that once brightened up the room now look so sad and in pain.

The use of her old nickname causes her to step back momentarily, causing James to frown and tries to smile through the pain he is withnessing, the love of his life no longer smiles around him which is one of the reasons as to why he loves her.

" I-I need a minute. Please excuse me, " she said as she starts to leave the hall, quicking her footsteps as she hears as sound of steps behind her instantly knowning who it is making her breathe heavily.

James rushes forward and grabs onto her hand causing her to stop, and touch his hand hope rising within him only for it to die immediately as she pushes his hand away and starts walking away, ironically they were at their secret area where they go to for making out and making love how James puts it.

" Please wait Mu. I need to explain, she spelled me. I don't lov- " James was cut off from his sentence as soon as he saw the tears streaming down his lovers face causing his heart to ache even more.

" You're saying you didn't break my heart and it was just the amortenia potion? And you expect me to believe you? Did you believe when I said she doesn't love you? That she wants to ruin us? What did you say again... you said to trust you and you got really mad at me that day, told me I was paranoid... so I trusted you, but after what I saw and how you treated me, that's enough for me to say ' you were right, you weren't going to love anyone the way you love Lily Evans and that's okay because I love you and all I ever wanted was for you to be happy... even if it's not with me " she told him as the tears continously dripped down her face causing him to lift his hand to wipe away her tears.