Prologue

He was a whiz kid. He was a head-turner. He was absolutely perfect. He was let well enough alone. That's what people know about him and he's fine with it. He just didn't care. But he was more than that. He was gentle. He was out of this world. He was also an apple of one's eye. He likes music. He likes sleeping. He sings well. He plays the guitar. He is allergic to cats. He sucks at cooking. He doesn't even know how to mop a floor. But he knows exactly how to make my heart flutter. That's what he does quite well at. Of course, I know everything there is to know about him. After all, we go back a long way.

We decided to meet in the school gazebo as it was the least crowded place. Malimit lang kasi na mga estudyante ang napaparoon dahil nasa likurang bahagi na ito ng paaralan. Naghintay ako nang limang minuto bago ko siya natanaw sa kalayuan.

He kissed my forehead and smelled my hair. It was his routine.

"I'm sorry natagalan, may meeting pa kasi sa book club."

"It's fine, kakarating ko lang rin."

"Let's go?" he offered his hand and I accepted it.

"Saan tayo pupunta?"

"At our house." I froze. He chuckled. "Don't worry, if you're not ready to meet my parents yet. It's fine."

"H-huh? Ah. Eh. Anong gagawin natin doon?" Nauutal kong tanong.

"What do you think?" he whispered. He laughed at my reaction. He pinched my cheek.

"You're cute. We'll just watch a movie. We won't do anything...unless you consent." He winked.

"I-I don't know what you mean." Napayuko ako. Nahihiya. He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers while walking to his car.

He handed me popcorn and soda while he was choosing a movie to watch.

"You like romance movies with tragic endings, right?" He grinned. Binato ko naman siya ng unan.

"Mukha ba akong bitter at sadgirl?"

"Fine, fine. We'll watch horror." I clapped when he said that.

It has been 30 minutes since the movie started at ang katabi ko ay parang tuko kung kumapit. I laughed when I glanced at him eyes closed.

"It's not that scary. Oa mo naman." I teased him.

"It is for me. Mas gugustuhin ko nalang manuod ng romance over this." I laughed. I just continued watching whilehe continued to clung over me. Chansing lang to 'eh.

I felt him loosened his grip from me. Tiningnan ko naman siya. He was already staring at me. I could hear my heartbeat. He grabbed my hand and placed it on his chest. His heartbeat was racing too. And the next thing I know, his lips was already on mine. I was willing to give myself to him. And I did. No regrets.

"Do you regret that this happened?" he asked while hugging me from behind under the sheets. I can still feel his thing. For Pete's sake, were still naked. And this embarrasses me.

"No. You know I love you." I weakly replied. He hugged me event tightly.

"Look at me." I turned around and faced him. "I'll make sure to marry you. Remember that. Don't even think of running away from me because you can't. I won't let you." He kissed my hair.

I got home with my heart full. We've been together for eight months. How time flies so fast. My phone rang. It was my bestfriend, Soph.

"Spill." Panimula niyang bati.

"What?"

"Alam kong nag-date kayo 'no. 7 kaya ngayon so monthsary niyo." I sighed.

"Kumain lang kami." I blushed remembering what happened. Bigla naman siyang napatili sa kabilang linya.