Alicia/John

warnings: angst, character death. 

an. Heya : ) So it's probably not a secret that I've been having a lot of trouble writing lately...and I'm still having trouble writing. The lovely Michelle gave me some good advice to take a little break and try to get refocused and that's what I'll do. However I'll probably still post a oneshot here and there... I got this idea listening to music last night. It is inspired by the song "Forever and Always" by Parachute. If you've never heard it, I suggest you go listen to it, it's amazing. However, I'll warn you, it's a tear-jerker...so make sure you have a box of Kleenex. I picked this pairing because the last time I used them I received a pretty good response... so remember, I own nothing, and enjoy!

Forever & Always

She nodded her head as the tears fell from her brown eyes. She could hear the cheers from her friends and family in the background but she tuned them out. She was completely focused on the man kneeling in front of her. He slid the beautiful diamond ring onto her hand before standing up and pulling her into a passionate kiss. She waved off of the whistles of her fiancé's co-workers. She was in heaven right now.

"I love you John." She smiled as she stared into his bright blue eyes.

He chuckled and wiped a tear away from her cheek with his thumb, "I love you too Tor, forever and always." He kissed her again and this time she let the boys whistle; nothing could ruin her perfect day.

Victoria Crawford pulled the pizza she had just made out of the oven and smiled triumphantly. She wasn't the best cook, lucky for her there was a frozen food aisle at the grocery store.

She looked again at the glistening diamond on her finger. How did she ever get so lucky? She had been with John for four years now and every moment of their relationship had been complete bliss. Yes, they had their rough times but they always made it through. She couldn't imagine being happier with her life than she was at the very moment.

She looked at the clock, it was nearly eleven and John would be home from work soon. It had taken the wedding planner a few months to adjust to her cop-boyfriend's odd work schedules. She preferred the times when John worked the morning shift so they had the evening and nights together but that only happened four months out of the year. The other eight months she was either spending the evenings, until eleven o'clock, alone or sleeping alone. It wasn't easy being engaged to a police officer but she had adjusted. She knew how much her fiance's job meant to him and she could never ask him to give that up.

She grabbed some soda's from the refrigerator and carried them to the living room, placing them on the coffee table. She was about to return to the kitchen to get the pizza and plates when the phone rang.

Victoria picked up the phone, "Hello?" She couldn't imagine who would call so late.

"Tori, It's Mike. You need to get to the hospital now. It's John."

"Mike what's going on? Is he hurt?" She ran her fingers through her auburn hair as she began to pace. Mike sounded worried and that terrified her.

"Just get here Tor, it's an emergency." The line went dead.

Victoria dropped the phone and grabbed her jacket before leaving the house.

She ran from the car to the hospital entrance where she saw Mike waiting for her. He had a grim expression on his face. Tori felt her stomach tie in knots as she noticed the blood on Mike's uniform and the puffiness of his aqua eyes. She ran over to him. "Mike what's going on."

"Tor, John was shot. They just pulled him out of surgery." Mike grabbed her hands and squeezed them lightly as his blue eyes locked on hers. "Tor, it doesn't look good."