Chapter One: Even the Heavens Cry

"Ah, here we go again." The anxiety, the awkwardness and determination shambling in my head.

The apricity of the sun as it shines outside the window during a chilly rainy afternoon, the petrichore of dirt and sky water combines making it a perfect cuddle weather.

Everyone was busy prepping their own papers and getting ready to plan their sem-break, even when August hasn't even started yet, and the school year has just started early June. I was sitting in the first seat of the first row, just looking around amazed of the things they are doing which also starts to bore the life out of me.

As I look across the room, I saw someone staring, it is starting to jargogle my mind. Unlike the others sitting at the back with their feet atop of a chair, this one was just holding onto a phone like as if expecting a call from someone, he looks anxious.

I noticed this illicebrous looks; a perfectly bridged nose, a chiseled jaw and a much messed up curly black-brown hair over the head like a bird's nest, that ivory white skin like that of the statue of David but slowly turns red as it gets scratched by his pinky hands. I thought I was dreaming, as if it was there to gorgonize me.

The class started when the professor came in 10 minutes late- which is a bummer because in five more minutes she would've been considered absent and even if she shows up that's already 'class dismissed' which would've been great but here we are. What I noticed earlier kept bugging me to which I can't get over my head but wonder.

"Who was that?"

I slowly looked behind to my newfound friend Johann, but I call her Jho because it's a one syllable name and sounds cooler than 'Yow-Han' and she gave me this wry smile, but I wasn't totally looking at her, I was looking at the person behind her but I just don't want it to seem too evident. That class was apparently too boring talking about Sigmund Freud and all that "psycho" nonsense as if were gonna use that in real life to make it seem a little interesting as if it isn't apparent that life is not already full of random nonsense. The heat in this century old building is apparently too warm as everyone is quietly scrambling through their bag to grab their notebook to be used as fan. Soon enough, the boring class was over and out. Jho and I and two other classmates went to the cafeteria with us. We were enjoying our meals and Jho with her desert she does this because for her, the best part of every meal should go first and that is- dessert. A group of guys from our class also entered the area, they were so noisy and laughing way too loud that even their lungs can no longer handle their laughter. Jho sent me this "look-behind-but-don't-make-it-obvious" at me; I then pretended to have a neck pain and placed my hand at my nape just to rock my head and look behind as if pretending to have a neck pain isn't dumb enough. It was them. The guy from earlier, but unlike the rest, he wasn't laughing at all and just maintains his composure no matter how dumb Marc and Bille's jokes are he kept that composure and just looks around as he was scanning through the benches and realized he's about to see me looking at him, I moved my head assimilating to make it pop. They were shabby. Talking ever so loudly with their mouths full and throwing food scraps around. Their group is like the 'jocks' like in those American televisions but they're not exactly jocks- more like jerks.

"Don't they ever know how to keep their voices down? Asks Jho with visible annoyance in her face.

"Jerks" scoffed Echo, one of the two people who joined us.

"Let's go and not waste time sulking over them, come on, get up." I interrupted initiating it's time to head back to class as we have already gone through our meal. On our way, they caught up with us and walked past us still with their noise- or so we thought.

Thump.

I crashed onto someone. I looked up with frustration as I felt the blood rushing through my face. It was that guy, he is walking behind us slowly as he was quite busy searching for something in his phone, and I am in front and bent over to tie my shoelaces. He looked down at me.