Sacrifice

5 Years Ago

"Stop!"

Iron Man (Mystic Armor) turns around to see the beaten Pietro Maximoff lifting himself up off the ground as Wanda was pinned against a rock prepared to be stabbed with a enchanted golden spear by The White Queen (Emma Frost).

"Spare my sister's life for mines and in return I shall give you something you could desire." He somberly bargains to the group known as The Illuminati.

"No Pietro, you promised!" Wanda tearfully cries out, unable to move by the binds casted on her by Sorcerer Supreme Strange.

"What could you possibly have?" Iron Man asks skeptically.

Pietro swallows before pulling out a small box, opening it to reveal a glowing yellow stone as the others look in surprise at it.

"Just spare her and take me instead." He extends his arms out in surrender, Strange binding his wrists together before hovering the stone to himself and pocketing the stone away.

"No! No you can't take him! Pietro!" She cries out trying to move to him but gets held back by The Unstoppable Colossus (Colossus+Juggernaut).

"Don't come for me Wanda, stay put." He tells her with a pained look in his eyes, seeing his sister's broken ones as they take him away through a portal and they all expect Wanda disappear.

She screams out in disspair, for the second time she's failed her family yet again and can't do anything about it.

Present

"Your brother is Pietro right?" Peter asks, Wanda nods and looks up at him with hurt eyes.

"I get dreams. I see him being tortured and treated with such cruelty, I'm paralyzed and can't do anything to help him so I'm forced to watch. I just pray everytime I'm in that cell to wake up or die cause I don't know how much longer I can keep seeing what they're doing to him." She bites her lips as anguished tears fall across her face, her eyes faintly glowing red at the thought of them.

Year Ago

Arach-Knight sneaks around the dungeons in the England capital, snooping around the place to try and find someone he needs for a mission.

He takes a turn and sees a white haired figure in one of the cells. He was a completely physically broken man, covered in scars, cuts, bruises, even missing a eye and finger.

He recognizes this as the once fastest man alive, the man's only eye looking up at him and seems unphased by the costumed individual.

"Don't break me out."

"Why's that since you've brought it up?"

"I'm the reason my sister isn't dead, I'm staying here till there's nothing left of me to take in order to protect her but I don't expect someone like yourself to understand."

He was right, Peter never understood the personal connections of siblings despite always wanting ones but he did understand the choice of sacrifice for a greater need. He nods to Pietro and carries on like prior, leaving the man to his continuous suffering.

Present

Arach-Knight gently hugs her against him, his arm holding her warmly as she takes it in and weeps into him. He uses the end of his cape and wipes away her tears with it.

"I couldn't save him..."

"You being alive is all he wants," Arach-Knight cups her chin and gently makes her look up at him.

"But we'll never see each other again Peter, he'll be imprisoned away in a cell for the remainder of his life.".

"I promise you you'll see him again."

"Wanda."

"Hm?"

"It's my name." She reveals to him, making a teary eyed smile at him and places her head against his cheek in comfort.