Part 5

For the first two periods of Tuesday, our class had Physics which was a subject I didn't offer (kinda hated that shit). Those who did were Asante, Ekko, Carlo, Jaylen and Shaurya. A bunch of people who chose to suffer in life... For the first periods to pass, I met up with friends to go to the library. I was now walking along the large hallways of the building with Mathias and Liem. The only grade 10 monkeys to go to the library for study reasons.

"Manwhore, it's a new year! You got all your stationaries, right? Time to pay your debt, I want my eraser" I ordered while making grabby hands at Liem. "Change, change for the better Jelly" he advised. "Honestly, mate. It ain't a fluffy bunny " sighed Mathias. Liem's brows furrowed. "It ain't money," Mathias explained his Cockney slang.

"Matty, you don't know the context! Liem Nam Nguyen traumatised me during exam season last year. Sure, it's a new year and it's just an eraser but I can't have suffered for no reason-" "You're so dramatic, relaaaaaax" the olive-skinned boy spoke in a sing-song voice.

I glared at his brown monolid eyes, "I will kill you in your sleep..." He patted my head and teased, "Babe," I shoved him off,  continuing my amusing act. "Don't touch me! It's over bitch, we're done. You ain't my hoe till you pay me what you owe"

The light-skinned boy at Liem's right chuckled. "Sorry, ain't it the fifth time you lads pseudo-broke up? If we can call it that... Anyway, y'all up for some chin-wag?" "Since when do you gossip, Kobo?" questioned Liem.

By then, our trio had entered the library. "Woah, isn't this bigger than the Middle School one?" I wondered. We stood at the entrance for a moment, absorbing the splendour and calm atmosphere.

The place had an incredibly high ceiling. The librarian was a drag queen sitting at their desk. The whole floor was carpeted, it seemed so soft that I wanted to touch it. After giving a greeting to the librarian, I walked past them with Liem and Mathias.

Walking along the numerous shelves, we reached a living rather, a sitting space by the glass wall. Venestra had its cons, very shitty ones, but it was beautiful. That glass wall gave a wide view of the gardens and Middle School building.

We settled down on the chairs covered with velvet and listened attentively to Mathias. "Ya know since we're dorm students, we need to settle in a few days before school starts, yeah? So, I was lookin' for somethin' and for a private reason, I happened to sneak into the Dorm Master's office"

Liem's lips parted while I gave the mixed boy a puzzled look. "Nah, mates. I ain't telling you what I was doing there, my Barney rubble ain't the matter" "Kay, so what did you find in that office?" I questioned. "And what were you doing in there?" added Liem.

He shook his head, auburn curls swaying along. "Mr Tahir has this list containing the names of all dorm students and whether they're already settled in their dorms or not. When I went there, a copy of the list I think, was on his desk. And ya know, it was on a butcher's hook, couldn't resist. So, I was checking for newbies BUT!"

Mathias paused for the dramatic effect."I saw two familiar names instead..." "Hold up, lemme guess" challenged Liem. I stared intensely at Mathias, wondering about whatever his eyes saw through his glasses. "I give up, just spit it"

"I think..." his tone became serious. "Monique and Emmanuel are comin' back as dorm students. They didn't settle in yet, but they registered. They'll be here eventually..." My brows furrowed. I was speechless and Liem looked confused.

"You mean... Monique Vasquez and Emmanuel Leduc in 11th grade?" he mumbled. "Dead, I mean the folks that caused a mess last year and dipped" I scoffed. This wasn't the moment, this wasn't the year. Why now? "I'd love to give them a taste of their own medicine but I can't cause drama this year" I muttered. "I don't know 'em personally but from what I saw, they're the type to bring the drama to you... Ya might wanna warn Ifa" advised Matty. "Yeah, warn Ifa so that she can go straight to confrontation and get into more trouble with them..." "It's gonna happen, either way, Jela"