Chapter 1

For Kageyama going to college meant taking the 7:00 AM bus and bearing a ride worth five whole hours to get to Tokyo.

Ofcourse he could have moved into the dorms like any other normal student. But he had a hunch that if he started behaving like a 'normal' college kid, his aunt would be bearing the brunt of it.

He had other arrangements hence.

〜☆゚.*・。゚゚.*・。☆〜

Kageyama stepped out the bus into the busy street. He checked the route map that Hinata had sent him. It was impossible to make mistakes with this one. Unlike the one he'd got for the All Japan Training Camp, this one was marked out messily but strikingly understandable by none other than Yachi.

After a few rights and lefts, Kageyama found that all that was left was to cover the long straight stretch of road ahead. As he walked, he thought of Hinata and Yachi, both of whom were staying with their respective soulmates for the last two weeks.

When Hinata and Kenma had discovered that they were soulmates, no one had been surprised. After all, the fact that Kenma had started moving and actually working after he met Hinata, hadn't escaped anyone's notice. Neither had the fact that Kenma was the only one who could bear Hinata's non-stop chattering.

They made a cute couple, thought Kageyama.

However, when he thought of the other pair, he ended up scrunching his nose in half amusement and a half scoff.

Kuroo and Yachi had been that one soulmate duo that had come out of nowhere. The one that left them all gaping. Suga and Yaku both had immediately advised Yachi to call them if ever, ever, Kuroo stepped a single toe out of the line.
The memory made him smile slightly.

As he neared the University campus, he spied a familiar pair of glasses and tufts of green and orange.

Gah! I told them to go ahead! What the hell?!

Hinata was the first to spot him. The tangerine waved a huge hi at him, almost knocking off Tsukkishima's glasses. Smirking, he was soon infront of his 'friends'.

"You're finally here my Liege", Saltyshima spoke up, while Yamaguchi looked at Kageyama in distress to see if the words affected him.

Pain shot through him, but he made no remark.

What he deserved, he would dutifully take.

Now, he smiled slightly at Tadashi to show he was okay and turned to Hinata,
"Shall we go then? Where's Yachi?"

"Yachi's coming with Kuroo-san, actually I think she's already here" he replied as they all began walking into their new campus.

This was in stark contrast to the time he'd entered the Karasuno compound. He'd been alone, lonely, broken and unsure of everything. He was still somewhat lonely deep inside, but not alone anymore. He was broken still, and didn't care much for the 'healing' that Suga-san advised him about, but he was sure about the ones around him and humble about his own capabilities.

Kageyama Tobio had changed. And nobody could refute this claim.

〜☆゚.*・。゚゚.*・。☆〜

"Tobio!!!"

Kageyama flinched at the loud voice.

"Wow, how is it that the King's soldiers are louder and more alive that the King himself?" Saltyshima asked with an appalled look. Kageyama had the exact look as he strode forward to a boy who had the attention of almost everyone on the grounds now.

"Chiaki, Shut the f*ck up. What do you think you are doing, yelling out here like some kind of pedlar?" he whisper shouted to the orange haired boy.

"Because I was so excited to see you Kageyama! It's been so long! You promised to visit me in Tokyo, but you never even bothered to call me-uwaaaa!" he broke of as the taller boy slapped his head.

"What was that for?!"

In response, Kageyama just muttered, "Don't be another Hinata", and was immediately struck by the stupidity of his statement.

Chiaki was a Hinata. He was Shoyou's cousin, infact his mother's sister's son. The both of them looked very alike, except for the eyes and height. Chiaki was a few inches taller and had emerald green eyes instead of Hinata's orbs of fiery amber. That was about the difference between them. Otherwise they were the same balls of too much energy that came as buy 1 get 1 free, like in the supermarkets.

"Ehhhh, but I'm a Hinata! Aren't I, Sho?", he moved to his cousin, wrapping him up in a crushing hug which Hinata, no, Shoyou returned in full force.

Chiaki was a reserve setter in his school, and had helped set balls for Shoyou to spike during the breaks. Although he was nowhere as good as the two of them, after having been introduced to his brother's team, he hung out with them at times and helped them practice. He liked the game, and that made things easier. Kageyama enjoyed teaching the boy too.

Chiaki was also good at annoying Tsukkishima which Kageyama saw as a plus side. The only downside was that, he also unknowingly managed to annoy Kageyama too.

Shaking his head, he walked after the four boys.

"Where's the rest?", Tadashi was asking Chiaki.

"In class. You lot are late", Chiaki replied.

Tsukkishima glanced back at Kageyama and mused,
"I wonder why"

Kageyama narrowed his eyes.

"Aren't we lucky that most of us from Karasuno are still together?", Shoyou asked happily grinning from ear to ear.

It was really, thought Kageyama. Most of the students from Karasuno pursued their studies in Kaijo University. Most of his 'friends' and all his teammates were still with him.

The word 'friends' still felt foreign in his mind and tongue. It left a strange rusty warm aftertaste on his tongue.

"Baka Kageyama! What are you lagging behind for? C'mon!"

Kageyama jerked up from his wandering thoughts to look at a pair of grinning Hinata cousins, smirking Tsukkishima, and smiling Yamaguchi.

Hinata was holding out his hand, and with a rare, rare full moon smile Kageyama accepted it and allowed himself to be led into his new class, and new world.