Ch. 4 Training

(Y/N)'s POV
"And, in the final round, the Buzzard Wasps won with a decisive knockout!" Korra reads from the newspaper sitting next to me as I eat my food. "What do you say we go to the arena tonight, catch a few pro-bending matches?" Korra raises her eyebrow at Tenzin.

"That sport is a mockery of the noble tradition of bending." Tenzin explains sipping his cup of tea.

"Come on, Tenzin! I've dreamed about seeing a pro-bending match since I was a kid." Korra says with a pleading look on her face. "And now I'm just a ferry ride away from the arena." Korra says excitingly pointing at the arena behind us.

I sigh as I've already had this talk with Tenzin about me going to the arena as I start playing with my food.

"Korra, you're not here to watch that drivel. You're here to finish your Avatar training." Tenzin says disappointing Korra. "So, for the time being, I want you to remain on the island."

"Is that why you're keeping the White Lotus sentries around, to watch my every move?" Korra asks with an annoyed tone as I look around the room seeing these men in dark blue suits with white lining and shoulders pads.

"Yes. In order to learn airbending I believe you require a calm, quiet environment, free from any distractions." Tenzin claims.

"All right, you're the master." Korra smiles softly then turns back to look at the arena. I pat my hand on her shoulder telling her that we're moving on to the lesson.

Tenzin, Korra and I take a path towards the spinning gates wearing our air nomad clothes as Tenzin starts a small conversation. "So, my mother informed me that you've never been able to airbend before."

Korra stops in her tracks as me and Tenzin turn back to look at her placing her right hand on her head. "Yeah, but I don't know why. The other elements came so easily to me, but every single time I've tried airbending. Nothing." Korra explains blowing a raspberry before she says 'nothing'.

"That's perfectly all right. You just need to be patient." Tenzin says walking towards her then starts to roll down her stripped up sleeves. "Often the element that's the most difficult for the Avatar to master is the one most opposite to the Avatar's personality. For Aang, it was earthbending."

"Yeah. Well, I'm about as opposite an airbender as you can get." Korra says, looking down at the floor.

"Let's begin your first lesson." Tenzin smiles then resumes to walk.

I turn to Korra and pat her on the back giving her some comfort. "Don't worry, Korra. I know you'll get it soon." I smile then run to catch up with Tenzin.

We walk up some stairs to the spinning gates where the kids are waiting for us. "Korra's gonna airbend! Korra's gonna airbend!"

"What is that contraption?" Korra asks as Tenzin replies, "A time-honored tool that teaches-" But my mind wonder off already knowing what Tenzin was going to say as he has already explained it to me before.

'I wonder what fun thing Korra and I should do now that we together again?' I think to myself but I lose my train of thoughts when I hear my name get called.

"(Y/n)"

"Yes Tenzin?" I reply not knowing what was happening

"Please demonstrate through the gates" Tenzin say pointing at the spinning gates

I nod as I monuver through the spinning gates with my feet moving directions while making it to the other side then I air bend a gust of wind through the gates making them spin more.

"Let's do this." Korra says with a determined face as she starts forcing herself through the gates resulting her in getting hit by the gates pushing her out as she goes in again.