A Double Life

MC was a photographer for an online journal. At least, that's what they did as a cover anyway. Secretly, they were a field agent for an intelligence agency. Dangerous but necessary work. However, they were on temporary leave to take care of their health so they could perform their best at work.

Seven was a hacker who also worked for an intelligence agency. Unbeknownst to them, the two worked for the same agency and reported to the same person - Vanderwood.

Seven was currently working away in Rika's apartment, and MC was trying to adjust to the fact that this person they thought was their friend was cold and distant, constantly pushing them away under this bizarre assumption that Seven's work was "too dangerous". Pssh. Too dangerous for a spy? Please.

Except they couldn't outright say it, of course.

Despite MC's attempts to hint at their more dangerous life, Seven wasn't having it.

"Vanderwood," MC said, standing in the bedroom, on the phone with their superior. "It's infuriating. He doesn't understand that I'm no stranger to danger. I can't right out tell him what I do, but he doesn't get it." MC complained.

"I'm sure he'll come around eventually, Six." He said with a slight exasperation in his voice. 

This wasn't the first time Vanderwood had heard this from MC. In fact, he was being updated on both sides of the story with Seven's phone calls as well, even though he hadn't put that together just yet.

Later that night, with MC asleep, Seven had a hushed conversation with Vanderwood himself. 

"She's everything I wish I could have," the hacker complained. "I know I can't I mean, not with the work I do, it's just too dangerous."

"Just who is she anyway?" Vanderwood asked.

"MC, the new RFA member," Seven said.

Vanderwood paused, finally putting two and two together. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. Now knowing that his two best agents were pining over each other he was put in a difficult place.

It's not that inter-agency relationships weren't allowed, but rather, that they tended to get messy when agents would let their emotions interfere.

But agents 606 and 707 were both incredibly talented and never let their personal lives get in the way of their work.

Deciding to leave it to them, Vanderwood told Seven to dig a little deeper into MC's background. He knew that if anyone could figure out that MC was a secret intelligence agent, it would be Luciel.

"I suggest you run a more thorough background check," Vanderwood said. "That's all I can tell you."

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Seven begged.

"Let's just say that MC might be this perfect partner you've been fantasizing about for years".

And with that, Vanderwood hung up the call.

Seven stayed up all night running his checks on MC.

As far as he could tell, they were just a photographer. But clearly, there had to be more, right?

Night after night he spent searching for something that would tell him more about this person he was so infatuated with.

Just when he was about to give up, a photo caught his eye. A photo he'd seen a thousand times before and had been overlooking.

Who he has assumed to be a family figure and nothing more turned out to be an old photo of a familiar face. Vanderwood. Standing right next to MC.

If MC knew Vanderwood, claimed to know danger and was worthy of a more thorough check, then was it possible they worked for the same agency as he did?

Seven frantically calls Vanderwood. 

"You knew them this whole time?!" He exclaimed, without a hello. "You knew MC? Do they really work for our agency?"

"Yes Seven, agent 606 does work for the agency. They really aren't a stranger to danger, just as they've been telling you."

"You know about that? You've been talking to them?"

"MC works under me, just as you do."

Seven hung up the phone without a goodbye.

The next morning, Seven was beside himself.

"MC!" He said when they walked into the kitchen. "Or should I say agent 606?"

MC stopped in their tracks. "What are you talking about? Is this another silly nickname, God Seven?" They asked with a laugh, hoping to disguise their shock.

"Vanderwood confirmed it, actually,"

"Who's Vanderwood?"

"Your boss. And my boss too, as it turns out," He said.

MC sighed. So this is what he meant when he said Seven will come around.

"How'd you find out?" 

"Through extensive background checks. I found this nice little photo of you two together." Seven produced the photo in question.

"I forgot about that photo, that was so long ago now, I was so young, maybe 11 or 12? Just started training in the academy. Vanderwood was my trainer, and now he's my boss. Funny how that happens," MC chuckled.

"MC do you know what this means?!" Seven asked frantically.

"What?"

"I don't have to worry anymore! I'm not putting you in any danger, I can be honest with you, I can be real with you. I don't have to hide anymore!" He said with excitement.

"The truth is that all this time, I've been pushing my feelings for you down because I didn't want you to get hurt as a result of my work. I love you, MC. I really do, I just wanted you to be safe, and I still do, but if this is your life, then I'm not putting you in danger. I'm sorry I pushed you away, I didn't want to," Seven confessed.

"I love you too, Luciel," MC said with a smile. "I know you were just trying to look out for me, but you didn't have to deny my friendship too. As long as I have you in my life, I'll be happy. But now that you've said it, you can't back out. We're in this together now."

"If I'm going to be honest with you, I want you to know my real name. The real Seven." He said.

"It's Saeyoung. Saeyoung Choi."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Saeyoung, love of my life," MC said with a smile.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey! I'm Fandoms, thanks for reading my first real chapter of this book! Requests are open, just leave a comment or message me here. Let me know the premise of your request, and give as many details as you'd like!

Thanks again!

Lots of love,

Fandoms <3