|| CHAPTER-38 ||

One month after Jimin was captured by Zhu

Knock! Knock!

"Fuck off! I don't want to talk to anyone," the male mumbled and crouched deeper into his small couch.

"It's me Namjoon. Can I please come in?"

"Didn't you hear what I just said? Just fuck off!" Jin screamed with a gurgling voice.

"The entire Base Station is waiting for you. They are waiting for your orders. They can't function without you. Please open the door-"

The door opened harshly with a loud thud against the wall. Jin pulled the guy into his house and shoved him against the wall, "I said, I don't fucking care! I gave my resignation letter the instant Jimin got caught. I don't care about that place anymore!"

"You are lying! You still care about your department. You still care about Jimin."

"What rights do I have to stand there as a superintendent? I screwed up. I threw my best man into the hands of the devil. I threw my person into danger without thinking twice. I...I stood there helpless when he was screaming his lungs to be saved-" Jin choked a sob. He tried his best to hold back the fresh stream of tears running down his orbs.

"You did warn him about the consequences. It was a helpless situation. We couldn't do much-"

"Bullcrap! I chose the victims over him. I chose them over the man who saved thousands of victims. I chose them over a man who stayed up nights to fulfil my dreams to build a safe country. I chose them over...him," Jin couldn't take it and slip to the ground.

Namjoon was quick enough to hold him on time but squatted to allow Jin to sit over the floor.

"Hyung, it wasn't your fault. Some missions are subjected to fail irrespective of how well you have planned through. We are all humans that commit mistakes-"

"But that mistake shouldn't harm another person. My one decision took Jimin away. It took his dignity away," Jin spoke with chest heaving up and down due to the amount of guilt punching his heart.

"You are right! It did cause Jimin a lot of damage, both physically and emotionally. But Hyung, he had a choice in his hands," Namjoon put forth, slowly rubbing Jin's back to calm him down.

"What choice?"

"He had the pill to kill himself right then and there. But he didn't. He chose to live and fight for the girls. He chose a path that was destructive enough to curb his sanity but the same path could save the girls from being taken away." Namjoon explained and looked at the elder.

"Jimin did expect you to save him but he also knew that it wasn't possible. You did a mistake but it's time to pay for it rather than run away."

"How...?" Jin asked, his eyes pleading to pull a solution out of Namjoon's lips.

"Return to the station! Put your entire effort and search for him. Pull him out of the trance he is in. Save him and ask for a proper apology. Correct your mistake by efforts and not by hiding away tormenting on that night."

"My guilt doesn't allow me to return."

"Jimin needs you, Jin. The Base Station needs you. A thousand others are waiting for your orders to save those victims. You can't sit here with guilt engulfing you, Hyung."

"I... can't. His screams are still livid in my ears. My hands tremble the moment I step out of this house. I feel stuffy when I look at the badge of honour. It mocks my existence. I can't do it," Jin trembled within Namjoon's arms.

Namjoon scooted closer and held Jin's hands. He looked up at the male that didn't dare to open his eyes and kept crying.

"Guilt is a form of emotion that you experience after committing a mistake which hurts you on a personal level. Guilt isn't a punishment for your mistake. It's a form of reminder to let you know that you are still conscious of yourself. That you still wish to correct your wrongdoing if an opportunity occurs. It is an alarm to pull you out of your nightmares and work on a better future."

Namjoon lifted his hands to cup Jin's cheek, "Now open your eyes and let me escort you. You have a mission to complete. You have to save your person. You have a burden to save thousands over your shoulder. It's time to break the walls of your guilt and let it go."

Jin inhaled deeply before letting the air escape past his lips. He slowly opened his eyes to take a look at Namjoon who sat before smiling softly at him.

"Will Jimin forgive me?" Jin asked with utmost nervousness.

"We don't know about that. We need to work on that. Shall we go?" Namjoon pointed towards the door and consoled Jin one last time with his eyes. That,

It's okay to commit mistakes.

It's okay to feel guilty.

It's okay to cry over it for some time.

Don't let guilt engulf you.

But at the end of the day, work on building a 'new' you.

A/n:- It's a short chapter. I am sorry for the filler chapter. I wanted to explain how deeply a decision can affect a man's confidence.

Jin was a man of confidence; right from the start of the story, he held a strong aura that I had portrayed. But, It doesn't stay till the end. You need to understand that people do have ups and downs in their lives.

Nobody is perfect, my little angel!

Hope you liked the chapter!

The next chapters will start connecting dots with the past and present! Don't get confused and hold onto your phone's tight kids!

Love you guys

Maddie🙂❤