|| CHAPTER-49 ||

"Kook! Why don't you get the other stuff billed? I will escort this little grandpa out

"Kook! Why don't you get the other stuff billed? I will escort this little grandpa out. Is that okay?" Jimin asked as he patted over the hunch back of the old man and flashed a small smile to Jungkook.

"Uh...I don't think he wants you to. Why don't we leave him alone and head back together-"

"Believe me, Kook, he wants my help. Don't you grandpa?" Jimin turned to burn holes into the grandpa's eyes with his strong gaze.

"Y...yes," the old man instantly answered and flashed Jungkook a weak smile.

"Okay? Well, then I will meet you in the car, Jimin. Come back soon," Jungkook addressed and rolled his cart towards the cashier with doubts bubbling inside his head.

Jimin gripped onto his neck and pulled him towards the exit.

The grandpa tried to resist but Jimin was quick enough to push the male against the wall of narrow dead-end behind the mart. He threw a punch right under his rib and pressed his elbow against the old man's neck.

"Who sent you here?" Jimin growled as he cornered the male.

"I...am sorry, I can't reveal the details. I will be fired if I do," the old man stuttered.

"Well then, you can at least nod to my question, right?" Jimin asked in a commanding tone.

"Is it the lady at the counter?" Jimin asked in a voice just above the whisper.

The old man slowly nodded a 'yes' and then rested his head against the wall behind him.

Jimin let go of the man satisfied by the answer and leaned closer to his ear, "What's the status?"

"We have found the shoes," the old man answered, completely hovered by Jimin.

"A...are you sure?" Jimin's lips quivered as he heard the code word.

"I was ordered to relay that to you. I don't know what that means," the man answered.

"Fine, I will let you go." Jimin stepped back from the male and turned to leave.

"Also, research a little before going undercover. A toothless grandpa and sugarcane? You need to improve, Taehyung," with that he left the place with his hands in his pockets.

The man pushed the wall behind his back with his sole and stood straight. He patted the dust off his shoulder and decided to walk away but stopped abruptly as he saw a pair of eyes burrowing holes over him from afar.

He gulped and decided to overlook and run away but the guy was quick enough to catch Taehyung.

"Who are you?" The male growled against Taehyung's ear.

"I..."

"Just fucking answer! How do you know Jimin?"

"He...um...he is,"