Chapter Forty-Three

-Siyambonga Ntabeni-

She clearly wasn't done.
She looked at a shaking Kamva...

Sim: One thing you ought to know about me nentakatho yam is that azange kemnake ndaphikwa ngu tata, andizange ndayonyhalwa koo makhulu bam ngu mama kuba eleqa isitrato engafuni ukundikhulisa, unlike your mother, when my mother got married, utshate nathi akakhange asishiye ngemva. You will forgive me baby girl because I don't know how any of that feels but you will never, not even in your dreams put your hands on me again. Andikoyiki Kamva, futhi awundoyisi. I only didn't fight back because I respected your father and I expected him to attend to your shortcomings as your father, but he didn't. He just let it slide, because you agreed to attend to therapy, no repercussions for your hooliganism, no punishment whatsoever. Kemnake andinaxesha lakho ne therapy ezo attend'wa nguwe, xa uphinde wafikelwa lelafufunyana lakho lifuna mna, uzube sho nge story sakho because ndakukhanda uyo admit'wa futhi ndiyokugqibezela pha kwesosibhedlele because uyandiqhela and kudala ndikunyamzele. You see those kids you're worried about? They know damn well how I have their backs, there's not even one day where they doubt that. Even now bayayazi ukuba ndingakufaka impama ucholwe edustini and they will still choose my violence over your fake ass. Go and have your family dinner ke, niyi family mos. Uthathe nale yam wethu ugcwalisa kule yakho ingade iphelele nakwezinzame zakho umane uzenza ucing'ba asiziboni.

With that she turned and walked to her room... if ubhuti thought we had disrespected him ngala veki when we refused to get in his car, then he clearly had no idea what disrespect was and I was so interested in hearing what he thought about Sim's speech. He sat there, quietly, his daughter cried on that same spot. Cried... as in audibly... but he didn't even attempt to stand up ayomthuthuzela. I looked at Undi, he was fast asleep, snoring softly and I smiled to myself. He was slowly taking after me.

Masx: The meeting is adjourned, we will have takeaways.

Then he got up, grabbed his car keys and drove out. I looked at his wife, she got up, walked to her room and left us sitting there. I had no choice but to carry Undi to his room and Musa followed. She was also sleepy... by the time I returned for my phone in the lounge Kamva was also gone. I grabbed my phone, and walked out. My walk landed me at the main road and I stopped a taxi and went to the V&A... as I got off I remembered ba andinamali mna. Imali yam yile besikhwela ngayo so I called mom, knowing she may not answer her phone, but she did.

Mom: Juniya?

Me: Skwiza... Nd'cela ukhabe undicutha imali yam le besikhwela ngayo. Noba ufake iR300 ngoku then enye uzoyilandelisa.

She laughed... probably also shaking her head.

Mom: I didn't know I would have to pay it back.

Me: Well now you know...

Mom: Uphi?

Me: I am out for dinner... and I just remembered that I am broke.

Mom: Okay, I'll transfer it now.

Me: Thank you Skwiza.

She laughed at "Skwiza" and just as we hung up, Thina called.

Me: Baby?

Niqua: Uqale nini ngoku ukuphuma ngaphandle kwam?

Me: Are you perhaps stalking me now?

Niqua: Answer the ask!

I laughed looking around, hoping to see her because it was clear that she saw me or she was seeing me.

Me: I didn't want to bother you... ubuthe this is your mom's morning week.

Niqua: Even so, you should have asked me uve ngam ba andizokwazi na ukuza kuwe.

Me: Well, now that we both know you want to eat with me... why don't you join me Ma'am?

She chuckled and hung up.

I looked at my screen in unbelief and then she rocked up behind me.

Niqua: Why don't we get takeaways? I'm home alone.

Me: Mmh, okay.

We went to buy takeaways and then Ubered to her house.

She warmed the food, then we watched Netflix in her room, her suggestion. Snacks followed after the dinner, and they were followed by kisses. She stopped halfway through the kiss and looked deep into my eyes.

Niqua: Why is that you are different from all the guys I've been with?

Me: Different in what way?

Niqua: You haven't asked for sex.

Me: Oh, you're not a virgin?

Niqua: No.

Me: Mh, I always thought you were... and besides, I don't want to have sex with you just yet.

Niqua: Oh, am I not that attractive?

I sighed... why were we having another Lisa conversation ngoku? She was becoming her and it was exhausting.

Me: You are attractive baby, I just have a lot going on.

Niqua: I know, that's why I think if we do have sex it will take your mind off things for a while.

Me: Okay, how about we not have sex in your father's house ke?

Niqua: Oh?

Me: We will make time, go on a date or uye ekhaya whichever comes first and then we will take it from there. For now...come here, kiss me.

She giggled, and smashed her lips against mine. I sucked in her breath... and tasted her for the hundredth time.

Just after 10 pm I Ubered home, and tiptoed to my room. The minute my head hit the pillow, I fell into this deep and much needed sleep. I understood the literal meaning of "umzimba wam uthe saaa" because I felt very light. I was woken up from my short sleep by a knock on my door... I frowned, checking the time on my phone: 11:46pm. I hadn't been asleep for long. I listened again, the knock was soft, but I could tell it wasn't Musa so I got up, grabbed my gown and went to open. Kamva walked in, I could tell she had been crying... but I was so sleepy and confused. She sat on the ottoman and blew her nose... I closed the door, followed and sat on the edge of the bed just looking at her.

Kamva: I'm sorry for waking you up.

Me: Okay.

Kamva: I just wanted to apologize to you, for everything I have said and done since we moved here.

Me: Okay. Apologize.

Kamva: I just did.

Me: No, you just told me you wanted to apologize, I am still waiting for the actual apology.

She sighed, and nodded.

Kamva: I am sorry for being a brat and wanting things done my way. I guess it has always been like that... ndikhule ndedwa and I was never familiar with the idea of sharing anything and now I got here and had to share not only my dad but my home too. On top of that, the only guy I have a crush on, is in love with my stepsister. It has been a lot, I won't lie. So I am sorry Siya for taking out my frustrations on everyone...

I nodded...

Kamva: I wanted to apologize to Sim too... she didn't open her door.

Me: I think it will be best if you leave her alone for now... she's a ticking bomb. Myeke.

Kamva: But I don't want you guys to leave... this is your home too and dad will be miserable without usisi.

Me: It's no longer about what you want Kamva, your dad is an adult, he will see what to do. We need time off everything. We were fine before he came along, I am pretty sure we will be fine too.

Kamva: You mean before I came along.

Me: No, before utatakho fell in love with our mother. Besi right. This has nothing to do with you.

She nodded, and apologized again.

I accepted her apology and went to open the door for her, she walked out and I breathed. That was awkward.