Julia chapter 6

Paul woke up to the sound of his telephone ringing. He grunted before reaching over to answer the phone, wich had been conveniently placed next to the sofa.

"Hello." He said sitting up.

"Good morning mister McCartney. Im from Axam clinic, I got the results from your paternity test." Chimed a voice on the other line. His stomach started to knot.

"And..." He inquired.

"She's your's. You and her had a 80% D.N.A match. Meaning that she's defenitly your daughter." He let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you."

"No problem. Have a good day sir." She said as the nurse hung up. He put the phone back as he passed a hand across his face while looking out the window. He stood up and stretched his sore back.What to do he thought, how do I tell her? He asked himself. Suddenly he heard the floor in the hallway creak. Julia stood there looking at him curiously.

"Good morning" he told her.

" 'morning." She timidly.

"Hey, remember that place we went to yesterday?"

"The doctor place?"

"Ya,well they just called...um, they found your dad." He didn't have time to see her reaction because she lunged at him as she hugged his legs .

"I want you to be my dad" she said as she hugged him tighter. He slowly bent down on his knees to her level.

"Hey," he said softly while pushing her chin up, "I am your dad, your real dad."

"Why didn't you tell me before?" She asked.

"Well...how would you feel if I said you could draw, and when you started I took all your crayons and papers away?" He said trying to find something that she would understand.

"Bad."

"It's sorta the same thing. I just wanted to be sure that you were my daughter. Do you understand?"

"Ya" she said nodding her head. "So your my real daddy ?"

"Yes."

"Gear!" She exclaimed happily. "So what does a daddy do?"

"Well," he said sitting down on the floor." I get to take care of you."

"Like before?" She said sitting down.

"Ya...but better." She blinked at him curiously.

"Better?" She said cocking her head to the side.

"Ya, see I can do this" he kissed her forehead , " and this" he said as he tickled her stomach. And so that how the entire day was spent, him just playing around with his daughter, learning about her and her past.

At the end of the day, he packed a duffle bag with their stuff so that they could leave first thing in the morning to go to his dad's house. He tucked Julia in bed with another bed time story before settling himself on the sofa again. He woke up the next morning at exactly 8 o'clock. After having showered, changed and brushed his teeth he woke up Julia before helping her slip on one of her dresses and a sweater. They ate breakfast before packing the car and leaving on the 2 hour drive to Liverpool.

When they arrived, his brothers car was already parked. They got off the car as Julia tried to get the bag out by pulling on the straps until the bag finally came out, resulting in her falling on the ground while giggling. Paul picked up the bag, closed the car doors, and walked to the house with Julia skipping right behind him.