Episode 04: Mean Boss? ✓

Win's POV

   After watching Bright's concert, I slept very late last night as well. When I saw the clock's hand hitting 9am, I jumped out of bed which made Apo wake up as well.

   I took a bath and dressed up as fast as I can while Apo got the car ready, I gathered up the plates or plans that I finished. Running down the hallway and making it just in time before the elevator closes, a minute later I reached the floor. Sometimes, I just wanted to draw a house for me and Bright, we live in a 21 million dollars condominium for now since it's near my work.

   Don't ask about the prize, Bright volunteered to pay it full.

   Reaching the car and getting inside, Apo started the engine and made our way to my office. Unlike Apo, the other guards are not allowed inside my office, like P'Mike and P'Toptap.

  We finally reached my office, I went inside first before Apo. I checked in the log book and went straight to my office. Guess what, I was greeted by a fuming manager.

   "WHAT TIME DO YOU THINK IT IS?!" He shouted at my face.

  I flinched and answered. "I-I'm s-sorry, sir. I slept late last nigh-"

"Oh! Now you slept late?! Because of what?! Huh?!!!" He kept shouting very loud, causing for the other employees to look at us. "Because of you FANCY BOYFRIEND'S CONCERT!! I told you I need you here early because of the project!!!"

   Every time he volumes up his voice, I flinch. I'm not good with people shouting, it triggers my anxiety and panic attack.

   "NOW GO MAKE NEW DESIGNS!!"

   "B-but, sir! I already finished the early design we talked about last meeting" I said showing the tube

   "WELL I WANT MORE! DO IT NOW OR I'LL FIRE YOU!! I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE CHIVA-REE'S BOYFRIEND OR WHAT!" He shouted at me before storming off with a scowl on his face.

   I stayed on the spot, still shaken about what happened, gripping the tube and trying to control my breathing.

   "Hey, you okay?" My co-worker and friend, Nannon asked. He's a trainee here and I'm surprised that he's still here after witnessing that.

   "Y-yeah, just a little bit shaken" I said. "Let's go, we don't want that old man to be in a bad mood again" I said putting up a smile and walks to my desk.

   I started my work and just kept myself distracted from what happened earlier. I know if Bright knew about this, he would be furious and he would call his Dad to fire the old manager. I sighed before starting off with a new design—again.

----

   "Phi? Aren't you going home?" Nannon asked.

  I smiled at him and shook my head. "No, I have to finish this. It's the last one so I'll be going home in a couple of hours"

   "Okay, just—don't overwork yourself" Nannon said with concern on his tone.

  "Of course, I know that" I replied.

  I watch him as he left with the others. I'm now alone—well, not technically, there are like 4 of us still in here and they're probably finishing something as well.

   After a few minutes of sketching, I felt my head getting heavy and it's starting to ache. I shook my head to get rid of the ache and continued my work. Luckily, one of my co-worker who are also left here, bought all 4 of us some coffee.

    An hour later, the two left saying goodbye to us. Two hours, my head is getting heavy, the pounding on my head is also getting unbearable, but I just need to write the measurements then I'm done. The last one left, now I'm all alone.