FIVE. i wouldn't say no...

unbeknownst ,, chapter five.

MASON WOULD BE LYING if he said chanaïs wasn't on his mind

MASON WOULD BE LYING if he said chanaïs wasn't on his mind. for months he'd been pining not so secretly for her, and now it was starting to blow up in his face.

the girl, however, wasn't too bothered about the situation — it happened to her a lot with random people. but mason wasn't exactly random, she just hadn't had the chance to speak to him properly.

and he wanted to make sure that he got that chance, only jadon seemed to be doing everything he could to keep the two apart.

"honestly, i think you should go to back to simping in private," chris told mason as the two were putting cones away. their training session at cobham had finished a while ago, but the two decided to stay back and help. "you'll feel better about it... in a way."

mason looked at the american as if he'd just tried to convince him to rob a bank. "how— how will that make me feel better?"

chris only shrugged, walking towards the entrance to the lounge with a bag of bibs around his shoulders. mason sighed, following him as chanaïs yet again occupied his mind.

he missed annoying her, even though that consisted of him spamming her desperately on instagram, hoping she'd respond straight away. when she did respond, he'd drop everything that he was doing to see a one lined answer or a short answer, but for mason, that was more than enough.

considering the girl hadn't even acknowledged his presence until almost two weeks ago, mason called it progress that she even answered his texts. he knew most of the randos in her dms weren't as lucky, so he took it with pride nonetheless.

"what are the odds on chanaïs saying yes if i asked her to come with me to candyfloss?" he randomly addressed the boys in the room.

"candyfloss? are you actually okay?" was ben's reply.

"anything that isn't in favour of you" was reece's, earning him a pillow to the face.

it seemed that all of mason's friends had gotten the gist of his massive crush on chanaïs, and it didn't do a lot of good for him.

CHANAÏS GROANED as bukayo yelled in victory for the fourth time that night after besting her in mario kart

CHANAÏS GROANED as bukayo yelled in victory for the fourth time that night after besting her in mario kart. the group were holding their monthly get together at the girl's house and were all sprawled out in various areas of the living room.

handing the controller to jesse, chanaïs took a seat next to jadon, who was smiling at something on his phone. his gaze diverted to his best friend as she leant her head on his shoulder, a frown on her face.

"what's got your face all ugly?" he nudged her. having known her for the better part of his life, it was safe to say jadon could tell exactly when chanaïs needed a pick me up.

"i'm tired, hungry, and confused" was the reply.

"right, so you're absolutely fine."

rolling her eyes at that, she placed her legs over his lap as she began to think deeply.

"so... nai..." bukayo smiled that specific smile, the one reserved for when he was either trying to sugarcoat something or get something. "what do you think about my good brother mason so far?"

it felt like all eyes were on her at that moment as the room somehow became extremely quiet.

"he's annoying" she simply replied, going back to filing her nails.

"hypothetically speaking, if he asked you out, would you say yes?" jesse blurted out.

"what the fuck is wrong with you ─── we said ease into the topic, not do that," tammy said as he slapped the back of jesse's head

again, the room went quiet as she kept filing her nails, her eyebrows raised as she took the question into consideration.

"i mean, i wouldn't say no..." she trailed off, realising what she was about to get herself into.

the boys shared a look between themselves as they conjured up things in the heads, things that would most definitely end in failure.

"so, like, why don't you just date him— what the fuck is wring with you? i'm trying to help a mate out" jack began to say, before he was interrupted by bukayo launching a pillow at him.

"yeah, because i'm a hundred percent sure mason would appreciate you being his wingman" came the reply from the younger.

chanaïs huffed under her breath, not understanding exactly why the boys were so worked up over her and mason — there was quite literally nothing going on between them, and she didn't want to go down that route.

─── notes.
this chapter literally has no
importance i just needed to
update 😚

also this is not proof
read at all so if
there's any mistakes, that's
my bad 😣