THIRTEEN. don't kiss and tell.

unbeknownst,, chapter thirteen

THE VENUE FOR BUKAYO'S CEREMONY was overly packed, and full of many familiar faces

THE VENUE FOR BUKAYO'S CEREMONY was overly packed, and full of many familiar faces. the said boy had recently received a huge award for arsenal, and chanaïs had helped his teammates to plan a celebration party for him.

as she made her way through the groups of people around her, chanaïs ended up bumping into mason, yet again.

"why is it whenever i see you, we're always clashing into each other?" she shook her head, with a small smile on her lips.

"what can i say? i guess i just have that much of an effect on you" mason shrugged, smoothly throwing an arm over her shoulders. "you did a nice job here."

"took me a good 72 hours to make sure it looked good. never ever trust a man named jack grealish to buy bunting."

"noted."

"you're so different over text, i can never read you properly" mason whispered as chanaïs laid her head on his shoulder

"well, have you ever considered it might be because of your endless bugging? you're not much different either" she laughed.

the two managed to manoeuvre themselves to a quieter space, settling for the balcony of the venue. it was only them there, and they sat on a small l-shaped sofa overlooking the london night sky.

they sat like that for a little while, enjoying the silence between them whilst the music from inside could be heard from where they were.

it wasn't until chanaïs felt his gaze on her, looking up to see mason looking down at her.

"what?" she whispered, voice barely heard but mason, as usual, was paying very close attention to her.

"nothing," he smiled. "you're really pretty."

and as if pigs were suddenly flying, chanaïs hafiz actually started to get flustered by a simple compliment from mason mount. the grin that broke out on his face was enough for her to hide her face in her hands, trying to get rid of the warm flush on her cheeks, but mason was already giggling at her antics.

it had been a few good months since the two first interacted, and with each text mason sent, chanaïs found herself feeling more and more comfortable with him; she just never expected it to reach the point where she would appear flustered in front of him.

when his laughter died down, chanaïs inched a little closer to mason, so that her leg was almost over his lap. he held his breath for a little at the form of contact, unable to suppress the smile spreading on his face.

"for someone so 'flirtatious' as you put it, you're extremely quiet right now," she teased him, using his own words against him.

"shut up," he looked away from her gaze and instead down at her hands, and somehow he hadn't realised it, but over time he took hold of one of her hands and was currently fiddling with the ring on her index finger. he twirled it around over and over again, silently wishing he could do a lot more.

the tension between chanaïs and mason was so undeniably strong, and anyone could see it for themselves. only, they were in a rather secluded area.

but mason couldn't stand it any longer — this was the girl he'd been pining after for ages, the girl he'd finally got a text back from, the girl who, although fed up with it, put up with his horrible attempts at flirting. if he didn't make a move now, he'd probably lose everything.

without a second thought, he turned his body so he was fully facing chanaïs. she looked up at him with those beautiful eyes of hers, about to question what he was doing. but mason carefully brought his hand to cup the side of her face, and she subconsciously relaxed under his touch. his gaze flickered from her eyes to her lips, and before he knew it, mason found himself gravitating towards them.

when his lips were met with hers, mason could've sworn he died and then came back to life. chanaïs on the other hand, was too stunned to do anything, but gradually found herself easing into the kiss, placing a hand on mason's chest to steady herself.

both their hearts were beating rapidly and neither wanted to break away, but at the same time both were equally confused to how that just happened.

chanaïs was the first to break away, slowly opening her eyes to find herself looking back at a lovestruck mason. his eyes were completely fixated on her and his lips a little swollen, and she probably looked the same.

"that was, um— that was nice" she said timidly, her dimples on display as she tried to come up with a way to break the silence. why would you say that, she thought to herself.

"yeah it was. do you mind, um, turning around for a quick sec?" mason asked, and although confused, the girl complied, facing the opposite way.

when her back was towards him, mason let out an inaudible shout as he covered his mouth and celebrated in a very 'mason' manner.

"okay i'm done now."

she didn't question what he did, simply brought her hand to his fave to move a bit of glittery lip gloss from his lips.

"anyone ever tell you you're good kisser?" mason couldn't help but ask.

"hm, it usually comes up" she scrunched up her nose, remembering that the last person she kissed was reiss.

"well, you are in fact a brilliant kisser."

─── notes.
this was short as hell but
CHANASON IS SAILING <3
chanason is an ugly name wait

also.... jude bellingham and
marcus rashford fics
coming soon 🤭