Everywhere

Everywhere - Fleetwood Mac

Can you hear me calling
Out your name?
You know that I'm falling
And I don't know what to say
I'll speak a little louder
I'll even shout
You know that I'm proud
And I can't get the words out

Nick Nelson. The straightest boy most have ever seen. Just kissed a guy. Not just any guy. Charlie Spring. But it felt right. But Nick Fucked it up. He was extremely confused then he heard his friends calling out his name.

Nick struggled to sleep that night. He was constantly checking his phone to see if Charlie had sent him anything. Nothing.

Early in the morning, Nick did his usual morning routine. Usually, he would sleep in, but he was not able to fall back asleep. He slowly, but surely got through is routine. He was still baffled. He knew texting Charlie was not the best idea. He could say something wrong. Nick also thought about waiting until he saw Charlie next at school. Then he thought about how awkward that would be especially with other people around.

Nick then made a split-second decision. He grabbed a jumper out of the clean clothes basket and told his mum he was leaving.

He sprinted the whole way to Charlie's house, only taking him six minutes instead of ten. He knocked on the door breathing heavily. Nick didn't even bother checking the weather before he left. As soon as he got out of his house, it started pissing down with rain.

There Nick stood, breathing heavily, and soaked in rain, hoping for an answer at the door. A few seconds passed when Nick finally heard someone fumble with lock.

The door swung open, and Nick was met with the confused face of the boy whom he kissed last night. Nick felt Charlie grab his soaked jumper and pull him in. The door was still open but neither Nick nor Charlie really cared.

Nick was about to start talking but was interrupted by Charlie's mother. Charlie talked to Jane and mumbled out a lie so they could go upstairs and talk in peace.

Nick took his soaking jumper off and Charlie closed his bedroom door. Nick was about to speak again but was interrupted by Charlie apologising. Why is he apologising? He has nothing to apologise about. I should be apologising.

"Charlie?"

He kept talking

"Charlie," Nick said again but louder and clearer.

That didn't work either

"Charlie!"

Nick grabbed Charlie by his waist. Charlie was avoiding making eye-contact with Nick so he grabbed either side of his face and pulled his head up so he could look into those icy-blue he had been falling for.

"Charlie."

It was barely a whisper. But it finally shut him up.

Nick gulped then kissed him. It was slow yet filled with passion.

When they split apart, Nick could not find the words to express how he was feeling at that very moment. He was nearly crying. Not from sadness. He was proud of himself. He made the right choice.

Oh, I
I want to be with you everywhere
Oh, I
I want to be with you everywhere
(Wanna be with you everywhere)

Nick felt happy. He was excited. Excited to see Charlie that very next day at school. This was the happiest Nick had felt in a long time. He stared at the door, waiting for Charlie to swing it open and take his usual seat next to Nick.

Nick saw Charlie walk in and spots him. His face instantly lights up and makes Nick smile even wider.

Charli sits down next to Nick. Nick feels happy in his presence. They exchange their usual 'hi' and just sit in a comfortable silence.

Lunchtime comes by, and Nick and Charlie agreed to meet up in the art room. Nick is there early because his locker is close by the room. He is met by Mr Ajayi, whom he had not had for art throughout his time at Truham, was giving him a look making him uneasy.

Nick was extremely grateful. For once, he did not have to deal with a lunchtime of Harry bullying younger students. All he wanted right now was to be with Charlie. And that is what he got.

Something's happening
Happening to me
My friends say I'm acting peculiarly
Come on, baby
We better make a start
You better make it soon
Before you break my heart

Nick was texting Charlie. He felt like he could do this all day without getting bored. But it had to end eventually. Charlie was talking about Nellie, so he took a selfie with Nellie and sent it to him.

Nick eventually, much to his dismay, had to stop texting Charlie, because he knew Charlie was in the car.

Nick got his laptop out and started typing. Earlier that night, Nick and his mother were having a movie night. That was when he realised, he was still attracted to girls.

Nick did some research. Was he bisexual?

Nick met up early in the morning with Christian, Otis, and Sai.

The day before, Nick finally came to terms with his sexuality. He had a picnic with Charlie, and they talked about it. He came out. For the first time. And he wasn't scared. He knew Charlie wouldn't judge him, so he had nothing to worry about.

Sai brought it up to Nick that he looked happy. Happier than usual.

Nick obviously had not realised this. He felt happy, but he didn't realise it was showing so much in a way that his friends noticed.

Oh, I
I want to be with you everywhere
Oh, I
I want to be with you everywhere
(Wanna be with you everywhere)

"So, it's my birthday on Tuesday and a few of my friends are going bowling on Saturday," Nick heard Charlie whisper to him, "And I was wondering if you wanted to come."

"YES!!"

Saturday rolled around and Nick had gone bowling. He had met all Charlie's friends and they were all super nice to him.

It was just Nick left alone with Charlie. They were talking and Charlie had opened his gift. Charlie had loved his gift.

"I really want to kiss you right now."

"Well why don't you," Nick said looking for a menu to cover them up, then when finding one, propping it up.

Can you hear me calling
Out your name?
You know that I'm falling
And I don't know what to say
Come along, baby
We better make a start
You better make it soon
Before you break my heart

Nick was lost in thought. He had a wonderful day on Saturday, and it was all he could think about for the whole weekend.

He obviously had not heard Charlie come in and sit next to him.

Charlie was calling out his name. Nick was snapped out of his daze.

Oh, I
I want to be with you everywhere
Oh, I
I want to be with you everywhere
Oh, I
I want to be with you everywhere
Oh, I
I want to be with you everywhere
(Wanna be with you everywhere)

Nick felt fulfilled. With Charlie by his side, he felt happy. Nick never wanted to leave his side.