Chapter 01

CARMEN COLE

"Mr. Hernandez!" I screamed so loud without even realizing that we were now the center of attention in the restaurant.

Oliver Hernandez has been known as our professor for almost half a year now. One fine summer day, he suddenly joined our university as a Finance lecturer. But soon he was promoted to our professor.

And I had a crush on him from the very first day I laid my eyes on him. That was fine until now. The problem is he is now my Mom's boyfriend.

"Sorry honey, I forgot to tell you that he is your professor." My mom said nonchalantly.

"Have a seat, Ms. Cole." Mr. Hernandez suggested. I felt like my heart was ready to pop out of my ass if I sat now.

I looked around to see everyone was looking at me weirdly. I awkwardly said sorry and sat down beside Mom.

"Don't act so professional. You are not a teacher and student now." My mom laughed a little.

The whole time we were together, I was eating almost forcefully. If anyone had real fun, it was my mom, Georgia Juana.

Damn! I can't even look anywhere. I felt suffocating. All I wanted was to go home and have a peaceful talk with Georgia.

"I will call a taxi for you," Georgia said to me out of the blue. I looked dumbfounded.

"What do you mean? What about you?" I glanced up to look at Mr. Hernandez standing next to his car.

"Keep it down. He asked if I could spend the night together." She whispered. I already know where this is going.

I waved my hand to shoo her. I can't even imagine what they are planning. "My mom is having sex with the man I am crushing on" Just the imagination is wild.

My love story fell apart even before it had a clue of starting. Was I depressed? Happy? Sad? I watched them as they departed.

"What the fucking hell? She was the one who brought me to this shithole and now left me all alone in the middle!" I shouted from the top of my lungs.

"Oh right, I'm 22. Not 2. I can be by myself." I mumbled.

Thinking back, if I excluded Mom from the scene. It's just me and him. What would it be like to have a lunch date with him and the ending is spending the night together?

Gosh! I'm so jealous of my Mom. How did she pull the man of every girl's dream?

I slapped myself. "What the hell am I thinking? I should be happy for her."

My expression went from chill to gloomy. The weather is pretty nice and warm but all of a sudden it feels like only I'm the one who is getting drenched from the invisible fountain of my tears.

I took out my phone and dialed the first person on my call list. "Bitch! Bring your ass to XX restaurant. And call the others to gather at my home."

"Are you serious? Your mom might kill us." It was Jacob.

"It's safe, she is busy having the greatest time of her life. Be there in 10 minutes and pick me up." I cut the call before he could say anything else.