Chapter 02

CARMEN COLE

The next morning I came downstairs as soon as I woke up but I couldn't find Mom. I guess she already left for work. But she never left so early in the morning. But she didn't forget to make my plate of portions.

I had my breakfast and went back up to get ready for college. It's gonna be a lot awkward after what happened last night. And I happened to have Mr. Hernandez's class today along with Jacob on top of that.

Things couldn't get worse. I walked to college just so I could miss his class but of course, luck has never been on my side. I made it on time.

"Hey! Over there!" Lily called out my name to bring me back to Earth. I walked over to their table and plopped down.

"Why do you look like a ghost?" Robin asked. "Did you two have too much drink last night?" He now indicated both me and Jacob.

I felt like a wave of shock ran through my body. I couldn't look up to face them.

"Wait, what happened?" Lily suspiciously asked. "Why are both of you acting so sus?" I can't even blame her for this. Cause this ain't no personal thing.

Mr. Hernandez is a public topic. Gosh, I want to bang my head on the rock table and die. Is that all I care about? What about the sin I committed with Jacob?

"You had sex?" Lily gasped.

"Don't even imagine." Jacob slapped her head.

"So you didn't." She stopped before gasping again, "You kissed?" this time Jacob stayed quiet.

"Damn!" Robin and Lily had fun while Harper stayed dead silent. My lips were trembling to spout out all the drama.

"Mr. Hernandez is my Mom's boyfriend," I said as I banged my head on the hard surface in front of me to be honest, it hurt like hell but I couldn't even react because of embarrassment.

"WHAT!" Again it was only Robin and Lily. "I mean wow! How? When?" Lily sure was beyond surprise.

"I don't know. My mom just decided to get into a relationship after almost a decade and had to land on my only crush." I don't know if I should be happy or mourn. I heard Lily giggle.

"As if 'student fucking her professor' wasn't enough." With that, she burst into a fit of laughter.

"Will you shut up or should I make you?" I glared at her but she was unbothered.

"No, but I would completely support my friend if she ends up with her stepdad. You know that wouldn't be your fault."

"Shut the fuck up. I don't even want to get involved with him anymore." I was on the verge of losing my mind.

Class time arrived and I had no other choice but to attend the class. Jacob sat beside me as usual. I don't know about him but I sure am super uncomfortable right now.

The class went through rather normally. Mr. Hernandez acted as usual as if he doesn't know me and that pissed the hell outta me. He could have at least spared a little glance.

And for me, I stared at him the whole class like a desperate teen trying to be the attention seeker.

"Ms. Cole," I froze on the spot when Mr. Hernandez suddenly called out my name. I stared at him like a dumbass. Jacobe poked me.