Chapter 3

Xavier POV:

"We got her." Paul says through the phone.

They found Athena, I would have never thought Athena would live among the humans, for the past eight years me and her family has been searching for her, eventually her brothers, dad, and even her twin sister quit, but me and her mother continued to search, we knew she was out there and we needed to bring her back. She left us, and left a fucking letter like we weren't her family. It wasn't until Chase brought up the humans did we even think to look within the human  population. 

"Xavier?" Paul says through the line.

"Yea I'm here." I say.

"I should warn you she didn't want to come, but once we told her about her sister she decided to come." he says. "I don't think she plans on staying after the funeral though." he murmurs.

"That is not an option." I growl out, my wolf also growling. Athena is coming back and she is staying I will do what it ever it takes to make her stay. 

"Fuck Xavier. Think about this you can't keep her hostage there. Put yourself in her shoes. You rejected her!" He growls back at me,  I regret telling him about Athena being my true mate. I was drunk and missing her so much after she left, he continues saying before I could snap at him " Not only did you reject her but rejected her for her twin sister. You made the whole pack believe her sister was your true mate in front of her, and now she has to go back to a pack where she has been betrayed." he finishes saying. 

"Her family is here Paul." is all I can say. 

I hear him snort, but then its quiet for a couple of seconds, so quiet that I think he hung up the phone, but when I go say his name his voice comes over the receiver. 

"Xavier I hope you know what you are doing. Athena has alway been strong, even stronger than Anna." he says and I growl at the same time he says her name, but he continues on going "but I don't think she can deal with more heartbreak. She's the shell of the person she used to be." He whispers out before he hangs up.

I stay quiet and look at the phone  because how was supposed to respond back to that. I was the one who caused her pain the one who made her leave, but I was in love with her sister, her sister was all I ever wanted and when it came out that Athena was my mate I was in shock, because I never imagined that could have happened I didn't have those feelings towards her, why would fate pair me up with her. Since I was a teenager all I could see was Anna she was my world and when I got the chance to ask her out it was the happiest moment of my life. 

Then the night I turned eighteen happened. I smelt her scent right away at the beach I knew it was Anna there was no way it could have not been her not with how much I loved her, I kept following the scent to the beach which I found odd since Anna was not a fan of the beach, but when I followed the scent it was Athena who I found, our eyes both locked with each other. I wanted to go to her and kiss and mark her. Fuck I wanted to claim her right there on the beach, but then I thought about Anna and I couldn't hurt her like that, and how I'm feeling all this was just because of the mate bond, but deep down I had a feeling it was not only the mate bond,  so I did something that I thought I would never do and rejected her. My heart shattered into a million pieces, my wolf howled and growled at me telling me how could I do this. I walked away without looking back. She was still there through everything, why would she do that to herself why go through all that pain, could she feel me make love to Anna? Could she see that I saw she was becoming less of herself everyday. 

The night she left I felt the ache in my chest like someone stabbed me multiple times, I jumped out of bed and ran to her parents house and yelled out her name, her parents were awake looking wide eyed along with her brothers, her mom had tears in her eyes holding out a letter and I knew then and there that she left us.Anna  came running up to me and screaming she can't feel Athena, while she sobbed on my chest. I vowed that night that I would bring her back to her family to Anna,  I couldn't forgive her for leaving us leaving Anna who was a part of her. 

I keep saying that to myself that this was for her family, but what I couldn't forget or forgive was how she left me.