Chapter 53 - A Temporary Leader is Chosen

(The perspective changes from here, but for this chapter, no one's perspective will be shown till the temporary leader of the Phantom Thieves is chosen.)

All of Ren's friends were in the Velvet Room discussing what they could do to save Ren. They had no idea about what Shadeon did yet as Orpheus had not arrived yet.

"Ren really looked like he was in pain, Sojiro!" Futaba stated crying as she hugged him.

"I know, I'm worried about him. If not for Ren, what you told me, I may've lost you." he said as he hugged Futaba back.

"What do we do?" Ryuji asked. "It's not like we can ask Ren, he ain't here."

"He's a really good guy." Mishima said. "I know we can do something for him."

"From what you told me Makoto; I believe now is not the time to argue over why you all became Phantom Thieves." Sae stated seeing her sister at a loss as she tried to think of ways to save Ren. "Sit down, it won't help to pace. You believe in him, then so will I."

"Sis... Thank you." Makoto said.

"So that's why you needed my model guns and weapons. Who would've thought they'd turn real in this crazy side of reality." Iwai said.

"That young man has the aspiration to help anyone at the expense of himself. He needs our help now more than ever." Toranosuke said.

"Yes, but what can we do to help Ren-senpai?" Kasumi asked.

"Ren-san..." Shinya stated. "He's kinda like a big brother to me, and now he needs help."

"He's my student, he needs help. If I fail him, I feel like I'll regret it." Ms. Kawakami said.

"He helped me develop medicine to save people, I owe him." Dr. Tae said.

Akechi was getting annoyed and then looked at Igor. He slammed his hands on the table.

"What can we do for Ren?" Akechi asked annoyed.

"You better watch it!" Caroline stated smacking Akechi with her baton.

"You speak disrespectfully to our master, know your place." Justine stated making Akechi grumble.

"It's quite alright." Igor said. "I'm just waiting for everyone to finish their discussion."

"It is a serious matter." the entity said.

Everyone quieted down and Igor looked up as Orpheus appeared putting an orb onto the table. Orpheus nodded to Igor.

"I see, it's serious then." Igor said. "Attention everyone, I need your attention."

Everyone in the room went silent looking at Igor.

"This persona that has appeared is called Orpheus, he has brought this. The orb of hope, this is his hope. The trickster, Ren Amamiya, sent his hope here. And what that means, is that Shadeon has broken Ren's spirit." Igor explained. "All is not lost yet. Ren is placing his trust in all of you."

"What do you mean his spirit is broken!?" Haru asked concerned.

"Shadeon has broken him emotionally, but before that happened, Ren poured his hope into this orb with the vow to help you all no matter the cost. That brings us to, another matter that must be discussed. We must defeat Shadeon before he acquires the Shade Beast Skill called Shade Revival. If he were to obtain this skill and get to the depths of Mementos, he'll revive his army of shade beasts. But he would take them to reality." Igor said.

Everyone looked shocked.

"With a move like that, Master, he's be unstoppable." Justine said stunned.

"We don't have nearly the number of Persona Users as there were in the past!" Caroline yelled.