Chapter 60 - The Battle well Fought

(This chapter goes back to Ren's POV. It's also the final chapter before the epilogue.)

My orb of hope returned to me, thanks to my friends, I know what I need to do. And to be honest, it saddens me.

"Welcome back, Ren." Izunagi said.

"We shall help you in this battle. It's not going to be easy either." Kaguya stated.

"I'm already aware of it." I said as I stood up. "Shadeon, let's begin."

"Very well." Shadeon stated.

All my personas began helping me as Shadeon and I fought. He was a lot stronger from the desires he had eaten. I was doing all I could just to counter his attacks. Then I heard something.

"Joker! You're totally awesome you know that!? You defeated Kamoshida with Panther, Skull, and Mona! You really saved me, Shiho, and the whole school! So, use my strength to help Shadeon by stopping him!" Mishima yelled from the battlefield.

The Persona that Mishima had was by my side. The Persona was holding a glowing chain that shot at Shadeon immediately and grasped onto him. This must be the soul chain that Lavenza was talking about. This caught Shadeon off guard as Ms. Kawakami's persona appeared next.

"Joker, I apologize for being a bad teacher. But you helped me through so much! Breaking through the trouble I was going through when being extorted over and over for money, and you helped me get through this. Now, take my strength and stop Shadeon!"

Another persona appeared; it was from Ms. Kawakami. Looks like each persona holds a soul chain made of different aspects of a person's soul and desire. The soul chain attached to Shadeon as he tried to dodge. From the looks of it, this is something Shadeon can't dodge.

'He can't dodge soul chains.' I thought to myself.

"These are...So, this is what it is resorting to. Using soul chains." Shadeon stated.

"You leave us no choice, Shadeon." I stated with a serious face. "You made us resort to this, I caused this with the wrong choice!"

Another voice spoke up.

"You got this kid, I know you are more capable than what you look. You've been helping people despite the dangers that it poses." Iwai stated. "Don't let us down."

Iwai's persona appeared and another soul chain appeared. This chain struck Shadeon.

"You intend on dragging me back down to the dark." Shadeon stated with a roar. "I'm not going down without a fight!"

Shadeon struggled and a forcefield appeared around him. Igor appeared with Lavenza.

"That shield will make it difficult to hit him with soul chains. But he certainly can't break the chains." Igor said before looking at me. "You are still sure you want to do this?"

"I've made my decision; I have no reason to change my mind." I stated before thinking. 'Shadeon must die with me as I live and then eventually die from the end of life.'

"Trickster, it is good to see that your resolve is stronger than ever." Lavenza said to me. "Trust your friends and they will break the barrier."

"I do trust them; I trust them with my life." I stated smiling. "Break that barrier guys!"

I could tell they were fighting hard to get through that barrier so that another person could help in their own way. I could only watch the fight and from what I could tell, Shadeon's barrier was almost invincible. However, Igor told me the barrier was why they gave Akechi the persona that they did. Orpheaus has an ability to shatter the barrier around Shadeon.