Chapter 55 - Shadeon's Backstory and the Plan to Defeat Him

After a while, I looked up.

"Everyone rested?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think we can continue." Shinya stated.

"Good, we have a long way to go to reach the end." I stated impatiently.

We all left the safe room and saw that Ren was still sitting in the hallway. The ears on his head perked up when he saw we were rested.

'Jeeze, he's acting like a dog right now.' I thought. "Joker, we're moving on."

He nodded and got up floating a head of us. The employee's only area wasn't locked like it probably would've been. So, we followed him inside. It was a mess though. And obviously was going to require climbing and scaling over these fucking crates! But we don't have a choice.

"Hey, Joker, are there any ambushes here?" Ann asked him.

Ren shook his head and we followed him. His chain did make for a good line to follow. He would let us know when there was an enemy ahead. Ren also would hold up these color cards showing us the strength of the enemy if we couldn't see the energy around them.

"What's with the color cards?" Sojiro asked.

"Joker's showing us the strength of our enemy. It's his skill. Blue means weak, Yellow is moderate, red is hard. But super strong enemies give off an aura as well as red energy. We can see the strength of that with our own eyes." Futaba explained.

"Joker, there's something I have to ask. So, I need you to blink once or twice for this." I said.

He nodded.

"Has Shadeon gained the skill Shade Revival?" I asked. "Blink once for yes and twice for no."

Ren blinked twice, this was good. This meant that Shadeon has not yet gotten the skill Shade Revival. Now that we're in his Palace, he won't dare leave knowing we're in here to fight him. This will also keep him from eating desires and hurting Ren even more.

"Alright then, where to next?" Ann asked.

Ren pointed to a doorway, we'll have to climb up. We can get up there fine but had to help a few slowpokes up. Finally, we reached a new area, looked like a damn research area.

"Well well well... So there were rats in my Palace."

We all looked up, Ren...No, Shadeon using Ren's body, was sitting on top of crates. He looked at us with contempt and jumped down. It was when he got a good look at us that he froze.

"...So... You all really did survive the battle with Okumura." Shadeon said.

"Yeah, Shad, why are you doing this? We didn't just come to fight you, but save you and Joker." Ryuji stated.

"I know we have to fight you." Makoto said. "But couldn't we settle this peacefully somehow?"

"You damn well know that's impossible." Shadeon said. "I ate desires using Ren's body, Igor and Lavenza would never allow me to live free."

Shadeon turned his face away from us.

I looked at Ren, there were tears running down the side of his face covered in shade energy. I looked at Shadeon.

'This Fucker isn't going to say that he's happy to hear they came to try and save them both.' I thought.

"Shadeon never had anyone that wanted to save him aside a human princess back six-thousand years ago. Shadeon though in an immortal beast, he was willing to give that up for her." Orpheus stated.