VIII.

riki had spent the rest of the night completely unconscious of his surroundings, getting so used to the noise that he couldn't even hear it anymore

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

riki had spent the rest of the night completely unconscious of his surroundings, getting so used to the noise that he couldn't even hear it anymore.

the morning came and as he went back to reality, riki realized jay had finally left, so he could now open the door of that small closet and confront jungwon.

"so, you go out for a few days and all of a sudden you love that guy?" he questioned startling jungwon, who was still half asleep.

"w-what? shit-" he yelped, "jesus christ riki, you're gonna give me a heart attack."

the oldest got up from his bed, walking over to the closet. suddenly his eyes went wide.

"where you t-there all night?" he asked nervously, feeling his heart sink to the ground when the younger boy made eye contact with him.

"i wasn't" he lied, "there was a cat on the rooftop that could see me so i played with it"

"oh, alright then"

"i did hear you being sappy though"

jungwon visibly cringed, becoming embarrassed by the thought of riki overhearing all the cheesy things he said to jay throughout the night. but hey, at least he didn't hear the whole thing, jungwon thought.

but he did hear it, and it was just as painful as you can imagine. riki decided to keep it a secret though, he couldn't risk changing his relationship with won in any way, even if it meant breaking his own heart over and over again.

after a short period of silence between them, riki suddenly came up with a way to change the subject smoothly.

"hey won?"

the oldest smiled curiously, "yeah?"

riki's next words came out barely above a whisper, a clear sign of his shyness. "if it was possible for me to take over other people's bodies, would you let me take yours?"

jungwon stayed silent. what kind of question was that? it sounded like he'd been planning this for months, but it was actually something that randomly popped up in the younger's head while he searched for something to help take away his memories of the previous night.

"what do you mean by 'taking' my body?" he asked suspiciously, riki thought about it for a second.

"i mean, possess you basically? just... get to be human for a little while i guess"

the more he looked at riki, the less it seemed like he had any malicious intent. maybe riki just missed being able to feel things, or maybe he wanted to eat something, the first time they talked riki was searching for marshmallows, so that's probably what he wanted.

after considering it for a while, jungwon answered.

"if it was somehow possible, then i guess i could let you for a little bit. it must be hard to be a ghost all the time" he said.

"yeah, it is. but i think we should do some searching y'know, before you let me in your body. what if we end up fused together for eternity?"

jungwon laughed at the comment, a sigh leaving his lips soon after. "you know, i wouldn't mind being stuck with you forever, you're a cool guy"

"you're cool too, hyung"