III.

preview

preview

cold.

it's too cold, nearly freezing my finger tips, and it's dark. seems like there's no one nearby, my head hurts. god, what did mom say again?

"meet us back at the ferris wheel every 20 minutes" that's right.

but there's no one here... wait, there is.

are those police cars? what the hell happened here? where did everyone go?

"he's about 6 feet tall, and his hair is bleached. he has little moles under his lips, eye, and one on his cheek. yes, he was here with us about an hour ago"

...

mom?
___________________________________

the nishimura family was on vacation in the beautiful south korean country. it was an early birthday gift for their oldest son, riki. he was nearly seventeen, and he wanted to test his luck on becoming a famous dancer and artist, so what would be better than earning a spot among hybe's trainees on his birth week?

a festival took place on that same week, and of course riki had to be there. his newly found freedom gave him a chance to explore the giant place on his own, with one rule of course, meet back at the ferris wheel every 20 minutes.

he did come back, 5 times actually, and on the fifth he had asked for permission to leave the festival and check out an audition that was being held nearby.

"i'll be okay ma, see you in a bit"

"i love you, be safe"

the next hour was a blurr, but a few faint memories remained. he remembered being hit by a car, then a strong scent of smoke and... cigarrettes? there was also a voice, a man speaking in korean, he couldn't quite understand anything that was going on, but he got a pretty close idea with the way he felt himself being thrown into the trunk of a car. then it all went dark again.

out of nowhere he woke up, his body was now cold and wet, and no one seemed to be around. he got up clumsily, being startled by the faint traces of blood present on the ground. riki felt oddly light but ignored it, he was focused on getting back to his family and go home, but the reality he was about to face was entirely different from what he expected.

they were all enjoying the trip, but on this unfortunate night the course of their plans changed completely, because this was the night nishimura riki was murdered.

a few days later, the nishimuras went back to japan. all except riki, the old teddy he refused to throw away was the only part of him that made it back home.

 all except riki, the old teddy he refused to throw away was the only part of him that made it back home

"i love you. those were the last words i heard from my mom that day, and the last i'll ever hear from her again. i should've said i love you back, god i'm such an idiot, wonnie"

jungwon couldn't hold it in anymore, so he let the tears fall down. it's been a year since then, so much had changed, he had gone on with his life normally and so had everyone else, but riki never got to do the same. a whole year had gone by, but that boy was still sixteen, and he never went back home.

"i'm so sorry" was all he could say, wishing he could hug the boy in front of him. neither of them spoke again, the sound of their silent cries being the only thing that filled the room for the next ten minutes. that was until an idea popped up in jungwon's head.

"you have a sister, right?"

riki sniffled, "i do, why"

"do you remember her instagram user?"