sette

Pierre and Luca stood in the kitchen, attempting to make breakfast. Pierre wouldn't stop kissing the nape of his neck and pulling Luca towards him. Luca laughed in a high-pitched manner and playfully pushed Pierre's face away from him.

"P-Pierre... haha! I have to make breakfast..." Luca whined, trying to scoot Pierre away with his hips. Pierre gripped onto Luca's hips tighter. "Pierre! Stop! I have to make breakfast!" Luca screamed.

Pierre reluctantly stepped away and walked to the living room. Luca huffed out a small finally before starting the meal for them both. He cooked eggs and bacon, shuffling them around the pan. Pierre surfed the small television for any good soap operas.

The situation seemed hilarious, at best. Hardworking housewife preparing meals for the members of the household, lazy husband watch television until he passes out. The two sat in quiet silence, the air settling from the crazy past days. Hazy mornings filled with drunken kisses, blurry nights with a hot make-out session filling. The air smelled of sweat and the cheap air spray that made Luca's gills burn if it was just applied.

The door handle rattled and shook, grasping the attention of Luca's keen ears. When Pierre finally picked up on the sound, Luca was already making his way towards the door. Luca opened the door and was greeted with the purple face of his mate. Luca's heart immediately dropped and he rushed Alberto to the sofa, sitting with him and holding his hands.

"What is it, bambino? What's wrong, honey?" Luca said, motherly care seeping into his words. Alberto cried harshly, tucking his head onto Luca's shoulder. Luca teared up and rubbed circles onto his lover's back.

"Papà... he's dead..." Alberto whimpered into Luca's shoulder. Luca's breath hitched and he stared at the wall, forcing himself not to cry instantly. His attempts were fruitless as he felt the familiar warm drops pouring down his face. "Oh, Alberto..." Luca cried, hugging his tightly. They shook with tears and whimpered throughout the room. Pierre only looked from his chair, sorrow creeping onto his face.

They cried for much longer that day, not moving from their spots until noon.

-

Luca laid with Alberto in his large bed, cuddling and spooning to his hearts content. Alberto napped and rested in Luca's structured arms, whimpering into his chest every so often.

Pierre knocked on the door, allowing himself in when he heard Luca's sound of welcome. The noirette looked between the two cuddling and smiled. "I could sing you a song if you want. My maman would sing to me when I was young. She hummed when I scraped a knee and sang when I felt sad."

Alberto, smiling a little nodded his head. Luca beamed in Pierre's direction, giving him a sign to start singing.

Pierre took in a deep breath.

"Quand il me prend dans ses bras, il me parle tout bas, je vois la vie en rose." His charming voice rang throughout the room. Alberto closed his eyes and smiled into Luca's torso, kissing at the fabric. Luca grinned and gave a look of appreciation to Pierre.

"Il me dit des mots d'amour, des mots de tous les jours, et ça me fait quelque chose."

The song continued and after a while both Luca and Alberto fell asleep. Pierre's eyes softened and he walked over to the courting pair. He pulled up the covers to Luca's chin and kissed his head. Satisfied, Pierre began to make his journey for the door.