Chapter Five: Baby

Ryan's Point of View ;

Brendon and I have been hanging out a lot more in school and afterwards. He sits with Hayley, Spencer and I.

He tried to convince us to let Kellin and Vic join us, but Spencer wasn't having it. He's had a small crush on Kellin since middle school and embarrassed himself when he tried asking him out and Kellin laughed at him. So that's that.

I really enjoy hanging out with Brendon. He keeps a smile on my face and makes me laugh all the time. Hayley said she knew this would happen, Brendon and I. She told me so, were her words. But the thing is, Brendon hasn't really kissed me or anything since the day we hungout. That was almost two weeks ago.

He'll give me small pecks on my lips, not giving me time to kiss him back, but that's it. No more long kisses.

I think he may be starting to realize he doesn't like guys, well me anyway, and it kind of hurts. He told me I was the only thing he was sure of and now he's keeping a distance from me.

He won't sit as close to me anymore. He barely kisses me. Now it's be who's confused.

Sarah's been giving me nasty looks, too. Just the other day she came up to me in the hallways and blamed me for Brendon not talking to her anymore. I wonder why he's not talking to her? He said he really likes her, so why ignore her?

I tried to assure Sarah it wasn't because of me he was ignoring her, but I didn't know that for sure.

I'm hanging out with Spencer right now. We're in my room, not even talking to each other because he's got his damn face glued to his phone.

"Why do you even bother leaving the house if you're just gonna talk to Jon the whole time you're gone?"

"I miss him." He said.

"Spencer, you talk to him all goddamn day and you're with him all the time."

"Don't you ever miss Brendon when you're not together?" He looked at me and I shrugged.

"We're not dating." The words hurt more than I expected but it was true. I wasn't sure what the kid wanted anymore. I don't even think he knows what he wants anymore. I heard my phone buzzing on the table and it scared me. It always does. Fuck you, phone.

"You sure act like you are." Spencer laughed.

"No we don't," I picked up my phone and saw a new text from Brendon. We finally exchanged numbers and I deleted the kik app from my phone. "he doesn't do any of the -"

A picture of Sarah with a sheet around her chest and a shirtless Brendon was not what I was fucking expecting to see.

"What?" Spencer asked. I didn't respond to him. I couldn't. Brendon's with Sarah? "Ryan what the fuck is wrong with you?" Spencer sat next to me on my bed and leaned over to see my phone screen.

"What the fuck is this shit?" I said a little too loudly.

"Is that Brendon? And Sarah? Sarah fucking Orzechowski?"

"Obviously." I sad coldly. "That's why he's avoiding me then. Fucking awesome. He leads me on and does this shit, I should have seen it coming."

"You'll get over it." Spencer commented.

"Yeah, sure I will." I threw my phone across the room, not really meaning for it to break, but it did so whatever I guess.

"Chill!" I glared at Spencer and he stood up. "I'm just gonna head home. I'll - Nevermind, I won't call you. You broke your phone." I ignored him and he left my room, thank God.