Chapter 6: Shock

Brendon's Point of View ;

"Ryan! Where are you going!?" Ryan left the bedroom and I ran after him, calling his name like a crazy person. He just kept going. Down the stairs then out of the house. I could see people giving me weird looks as I ran after him, but I ignored them. Ryan's just walking down the street in the dark. "Ryan! Stop!"

I stepped in front of him and stopped him.

"You're having a baby." He stated.

"Yeah, I guess I am." I panted. "Where's your car?" He pointed behind us and I grabbed his hand and we walked to his car. "Keys?" He pulled them from his pocket and handed them to me.

We got in the car and I drove us back home.

"You and Sarah. A fucking baby." He shook his head and stared out the windshield.

"Are you mad?" I asked quietly.

"Not mad," he said. "I don't even know how I feel. It's not even my problem, yet I feel so... I don't know. I hate Sarah. And you're having a baby with her."

"Ry, we don't even know for sure if it's mine. She said I was the only one she was with, but who knows if that's true."

"You need to get a DNA test." He looked at me with serious eyes.

"I have to wait until the babies born to do that, Ryan."

"No you don't," he shook his head and turned in the seat to face me. I gave him a questioning look. "there's a prenatal paternity DNA test. They just take some of the amniotic fluid or a small piece of the placenta and then take a sample of your DNA and then they'll test it."

"How the hell do you know all of this?" He shrugged.

"My mom's a lawyer. She was telling me and my brother about a case she had to do similar to this. But she isn't allowed to tell us anything about a case, so don't say that I told you. She'll get in trouble." I nodded.

"So how am I supposed to go about this?" I asked.

"We could ask my mom." We got out of the car and went inside his house.

Luckily, his mom was sitting on the couch.

"Hi honey," she said then looked at us. "hello Brendon." She smiled. "I see you've both fixed things."

"Yeah," Ryan said. He sat on the other couch and I sat next to him. "I have a question."

"Sure honey, go ahead." Ryan sighed and I grabbed his hand and held it tightly.

"How would someone go about getting a prenatal paternity DNA test?" His moms expression changed and she quickly sat up.

"Are you having a child, Ryan?" She asked.

"No, no." Ryan shook his head and put his head down.

"Then why do you want to know that?"

"I'm having a baby." I blurted out. She just kind of stared at me for a minute.

"Well, I'm guessing you know who the mother is then?" I nodded.

"It's Sarah." Ryan answered.

"Wow, okay." His mom sat back against the couch and folder her hands in her lap. "If you want, I can act as your lawyer and get it court ordered that she do the test."

"I don't have that kind of money for a lawyer." I objected.

"Don't worry about it, sweetheart." She smiled. "You're a friend of Ryan's so I'd be happy to help."