Chapter 3 • The start of something new•

Naila

Today was Monday which means I start my internship today.

I got up out of bed slipping on my slippers before heading to the bathroom. "Good morning titi!" Nala jumped Infront of the door wearing her princess pajamas. "Good morning baby." I smiled kissing her cheek.

"I'm going to school titi." she said while stepping onto her step stool that was already set up for her in front of the sink. " Really what are you going to learn today?" I engaged in conversation while grabbing both of our toothbrushes handing her toothbrush to her. " I don't know yet." she shrugged her shoulders. I chuckled while wetting my toothbrush, " well you can tell titi all about it when you get home."

After brushing our teeth me and Nala made our way downstairs to the kitchen seeing Demi dressed in a pant suit sipping coffee while Alex seemed to just be finishing up breakfast. " Good morning." They say in unison. "Good morning." I smile before sitting down. "Good morning mommy!" Nala ran over to Demi kissing her cheek, " and good morning daddy!" She ran over to her father as he picked her up kissing her all over the face.

" You hungry?" Alex asked me as he began making plates for us. "Yes thank you." I stated before getting up to grab the orange juice out of the fridge.

Alex was a professional private chef, so luckily for my sister she didn't have to do much cooking especially after some of the doubles she pulls at work.

I tied my robe before grabbing my things and walking out the bathroom. I walked to the quest room which was just across the hall.

i threw my dirty clothes in the basket before going into the draws to pick out my outfit. I wanted to be comfortable today and Nike already clarified they did not mind in we wore casual comfortable outfits. I pulled out my undergarments and a cream color pair of sweatpants and the matching cropped hoodie.

I lotioned up and got dress before heading over to the mirror to do my hair. I heard a little knock at the door, "come in" I say before the door opens. "Bye titi I'm going to school!" Nala runs over to me and I bend down hugging her before placing a kiss on her forehead, "have a good day at school, i love you."

"I love you too." She kissed my cheek before running back out. "Tell mommy i said have a good day!" I yelled after her.

I sat back down pulling my hair out of the messy bun before I applied a little bit of product just to refresh my curls. I quickly did my edges before spraying some perfume and getting backup, no make up today it wasn't needed.

I put on my cream yellow and red Jordans on and my red purse before looking over the whole outfit in the mirror.

" Welcome to Nike! I am one of the head fashion designer for Nike. My name is Joanne and today I will be showing y'all around. We'll start with getting everyone ID's before we take a tour of the workspace y'all with be provided with and then from there we will start going over what y'all should be expected to work on." A middle aged women greeted us in the lobby.

We all followed her to a room that help a round table with five chairs, a white back drop that was over in the corner that was also occupied with a camera on a tripod, and what I'm guessing is the machine that prints out the IDs.

"Who ever wants to go first please go over to the back drop and the rest of you can take a seat."

Me and the guy that was interning as well both headed over to the backdrop. "Oh you can go first." I slightly smiled before I stopped walking. " No it's alright ladies first." He smiled before sitting down at the table

"What's your name love?" Joanna asked as I stool in front of the backdrop. " Naila Rayne."

"Ok Naila just smile for me on the count of three." She said as she wrote my name down in the notepad she carried.

After she snapped the picture I sat back down in my seat waiting for the other two to go who's name where Ryan and Ariel.

"Ok this is the workspace y'all will be occupying for the next 2 1/2 months. This is our other fashion designer Josh." She pointed to a middle aged man who you can tell was younger than her. He looked up from his iPad waving hello to us. "Hey y'all."

We walked around the studio that was filled we a few desk that had computers on them, a huge whiteboard that was filled with notes, a few mannequins and some where dressed, a sowing station, and it led to another room that had a backdrop, a few cameras, and many lights, which I'm guessing is the room they take their pictures in.

"So as some of you may know this is the 75th year of the nba and we are collaborating with the nba this year for our yearly magazine. This magazine will be dedicated to all time greats in the nba currently and up and coming stars that are new to the nba." Joanne said as she walked over the the whiteboards writing down some notes. "Where going to start by studying the style of the players futured in the magazine before we start putting some possible ideas together." She continued

"Josh has put together a portfolio separated into the all time greats and the up and coming." She said as he held up his iPad. "In these portfolios you will find a few outfits of each player so we can get a sense of their style. Now everyone grab an iPad so we can get started."

I got up from my seat grabbing an iPad I opened it going to the file named ' all time greats'. I flipped threw the picture seeing Lebron, Stephen curry, KD, James Harden and so on. I then went to the next file of players that were on there way to becoming an all time great. I flipped through seeing players like Jayson Tatum, Ja Murant, and... Jordan Poole. I intensely looked through his pictures realizing this was the guy I met the other night.

That's why the guy said he was a huge fan of his.

"See something you like." Ariel nudged my shoulder with a smirk as I looked up from Jordan's pictures. "Girl." I laughed putting the iPad down.

Yes actually I do. 

Ariel:

_____

Hey y'all! Ik this story is new but feel free to leave any feedback or any suggestions of what you would like to see in this story!