Chapter 4 • Dont mix business with pleasure•

Naila

3 weeks later...

It's been a few weeks since I started my internship and it's been great to be honest. Today was the first day we get to see the designs we have put together on the players.

Todays like a trial run. We will present each player with three designs we had made for them. This will give the players the chance to pick two of the outfits they like and from there well perfect them and in a couple weeks we will have the final try on before the photo shoot.

I made my rounds around to each dressing room we had set up for the players making sure every room had water and snacks.

As I finished up I made my way back over to the studio to get ready for the guys since they would be here any minute

Minutes later the players started to roll in.

"Ariel you'll be working with Lebron, James, and Ja. Ryan you'll be working with KD, Giannis, and Booker. Lastly Naila you'll be working with Steph, Jordan, and Jayson." Joanna points for each of us as she reads off her iPad.

I walked over to the pile of outfits we had laid out on the table. I grabbed each outfit that belongs to the players I was working with today.

I headed into Steph dressing room laying out each outfit separately on the rack before walking out to do it to the rest.

As I was hanging up the outfits on Jordan's rack there was a knock at his door. "Come in." I yelled as I hung up the last outfit.

"Sorry about that I didn't know you was in here." I turned around to see Jordan standing at the door. "No need to apologize I was just getting ready to leave, it's your room anyways." I chuckled as I grabbed my water bottle off the table before heading towards the door.

"Wait." He stopped me before I could walk out. "Yes?" I turned around watching him look right at me. "You look familiar." He squinted his eyes at me. "You're the lady from the club out here right?" He raised his eyebrow. "Yeah that's me." I smiled before turning around to grab the door handle. "It's nice seeing you again." He paused, "how have you been?" He stood up from the chair walking over to the rack. "I've been alright and you?" He shrugged his shoulders as he pulled the first outfit off the rack, "can't complain."

"Alright we'll I'll leave you to get dressed just let me know when you have the first outfit on and your ready for me to come in." I told him as I opened the door.

"Alright." He says staring at my ID "Ms.Rayne." I chuckled revealing a smile before walking out.

"Hey Steph ready for me to come in?" I asked as I knocked on his door. "Yeah come in!" He yelled back.

I walked in seeing him wearing a custom Nike Tech suit, "Naila, nice to meet you." I extended my hand and he quickly did the same shaking my hand, "nice to meet you."

"How you feeling?" I asked watching him check himself out through the mirror.

"This design is dope." He started, "I think the legs could fit a little tighter." He said pulling on the pants, "they might need to be a little shorter ass well." I nodded my head as he talked writing down everything he said on my iPad. "Alright got it. Any other request or questions on this outfit? If not you can take it off and get to the other ones."

"Nah I think that's all for this one, thank you." He smiled at me before I smiled back heading out the door.

"Jayson?" I questioned as I lightly knocked twice on his door. "Come in."

"You ready Poole?" I spoke from the outside of the door waiting for him to respond back. "Yeah come in."

"Hey." I smiled walking through the door, "so how we feeling about this one?" I asked as I open my iPad.

"Honestly?" He trailed as he continued to inspect his outfit not taking his eyes off himself. "It's going to be hard to choose which two I want." He said turning around. "Cant blame you, you personally have my favorite designs." I said honestly watching him look at the outfits.

"Does this outfit need any alterations?" I asked

"No honestly it fits perfect."

"Alright that good, we'll imma let you get dressed and pick out which two you want and I'll be waiting out there." I stated before closing my iPad.

"Which one's your favorite?" He asked me while he looked at all the outfit with his hand on his chin.

"I think the first and last one looked the best on you, they pop with your skin tone and the design are the most up your alley." I said giving my opinion. "Me too." He smiled looking between the two. "Alright get dressed I'll be out there when you're ready, take your time."

I patiently waiting at my desk for the guy to get dress so we can get their final answers.

"How's it going?" Ariel asked walking up to me. "Good, you?" I asked back as she sat down at her desk right next to mine. "It's going good, other than the fact that Lebron and Ja have a couple alterations for every outfit."

"We'll this is our trial run." I remind her, "and once they pick there two and we get the changes done our next fitting will go by a lot more smother than this."

"Yeah." She sighed, "so was you nervous to work with Poole?" She smirked nudging my shoulder.

These past three weeks me and Ariel have become pretty close considering we spent a lot of time sitting next to each other in our studio.

She also knows what went down when I first met Jordan considering the fact that she would not let up why I was so focused on Jordan's pictures when we first got here.

"It was regular just like the rest of them." I chucked as the guys headed into the studio.

"Yeah sure, he sure ain't looking at you like the rest of them." I followed her eyes seeing Jordan looking at me as he walked in with Steph and Jayson. "Girl stop!" I pushed her shoulder as I felt my face get red.

"Y'all ready?" I asked them as I stood up from my desk walking over to the guys.

"Yeah I'm set on the first two outfits." Steph spoke up first. "Alright." I nodded writing it down. "I'll do the last two." Jayson spoke quickly after and I nodded again writing it down. "You already know." Jordan spoke and Steph sent him a look before smirking.

"Alright we'll you guys are all set for today. You can take the snacks out your rooms if you like and the outfit you didn't chose if you like as well. I'll see y'all again in a few weeks nice to meet y'all again." I smiled before walking back over to my desk.

"Excuse me miss?" I looked up to see Jordan standing in front of my desk. "Yes?"

"I was just wondering what you would say if I asked for your number?" He smiled while he leaned into my desk. "I would tell you I don't mix business with pleasure." I looked him in his eyes giving him a slight smirk.

"Ouch." He said dramatically clutching his chest,
"We'll see about that." He smirked at me before walking away.

Oh how hard that was.

"Girl are you stupid!" Ariel leaned over to me cussing me out in my ear.

"What? It's not a good impression." I shrugged as I watched Jordan and Steph walk out the studio together.