Chapter six

Do you guys have any book recommendations?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas ran besides Minho, the maze's thick walls stood tall almost looking down at the boys. Minho turned left he knew exactly where he was going just like every other day. Thomas was practically gliding, the sky was bright above them the sun glaring down at them.

With every step Thomas felt his body throb with a soft twinge of pain. Minho noticed Thomas's discomfort and slowed down a bit so that Thomas could feel a tad bit better. Thomas was grateful that Minho had eased his pain less, Minho smiled at him softly still running.

Minho started to slow after a while, Thomas automatically knew it was time for lunch. They slowed their pace finally coming to a stop. Thomas plopped onto the floor with a tired huff, Minho eased his way down looking a lot more composed than Thomas.

"How are you even breathing?" Thomas spoke in between breaths.

"How are you not?" Minho retorted with a smile.

Thomas rolled his eyes dramatically before making grabby hands at Minho for water. Minho chuckled and passed him the water, Thomas took it gratefully taking two huge gulps. Minho brought out their ham sandwiches, he set one on Thomas's lap.

Thomas finished his drink and closed the canister that held the water. Minho took it for himself and took a couple of drinks, not as much as Tom but enough to satisfy himself. Thomas tore open his sandwich and bit a thick chunk of it off, chewing.

Minho did the same only not as desperate, he watched as Thomas took chomp after chomp. He smirked shaking his head, he hasn't felt so at peace in ages. They ate quietly except for the occasional sigh or scuffle from their feet on the ground.

Minho started packing up again, Thomas watched silently he was grateful that they get to have lunch brakes or he would've died if they had to run all day. Minho slung the bag onto his back and adjusted it so that he was comfortable.

"You ready to go?"Minho spoke side glancing at Thomas.

"Yeah, hey are you upset about me leaving your bed in the middle of the night?" Thomas bit his lip subconsciously.

"What?" Minho's eyebrows shot up, "of course not, I understand why you left."

"Okay, good cause I wasn't sure." Thomas sighed watching Minho hesitantly.

"Aw, Tommy did you think you hurt my feelings?" Minho teased causing Thomas to glare at him.

"Shut up before I beat your ass." Tom grumbled crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'd like to see you try, greenie." Minho joked.

"Don't call me that." Thomas jabbed his chest playfully.

Minho grinned at Thomas, before kissing him on the cheek softly. Thomas's face turned bright red before he glared at Minho again. Minho continued to smile cheekily at Thomas, Thomas flipped him off with an eye roll.

"What's with you and being called 'greenie'?" Minho questioned as they started walking.

"It's just annoying, I don't know it irritates me." Thomas shrugged looking down.

"Huh...well now I know how to bug you!" Minho joked, Thomas nudged his shoulder with a playful glare.

"Shut up." Thomas cracked a small smile, which Minho took as a win.

"In your dreams." Minho smiled broadly at the other boy and stuck out his hand for Thomas to take.

Thomas intertwined their fingers rocking their arms back and forth while they walked. They weren't exactly worried about the maze just because Minho had explained that he had gone through the entire maze and found squat. So they walked as if it were a stroll in the park enjoying each others company.

Minho would guide them away from where he knew the other runners were. Thomas complied not really wanting to end their sweet walk together. He ran his fingers through the vines that hung from the walls of the maze, Minho seemed content with just walking rather then running and almost killing Thomas.

"So how long do you think we'll be trapped in here?" Thomas murmured.

"I really don't know ,Tommy." Minho sighed looking down.

"Well if we do get out, promise me you won't ever give up on us." Thomas didn't know where this was coming from but he felt like this was extremely relevant.

"I promise." Minho stopped walking looking Thomas in the eye.

He could see how much Minho meant it too, his state hard, his jaw set. Thomas felt butterflies erupt inside his belly. He blushed and kissed Minho passionately. Minho smirked in between the kids making Thomas whine, he stopped smirking and instantly kissed back.

"I love you, Minho." Thomas continued to kiss him.

"I love you too, Tommy."