2 - Catching Up

Upon coming up to Leon's door, Mabel knocks on it.

"I'll be down in a minute, Mother," Leon calls.

"That's no way to greet a friend," Mabel says, entering the room.

"Mabel, you're home." Leon smiles.

"I am." Mabel smiles.

Enveloping Mabel in a hug, Leon spun her around. Placing her back on the ground, Leon gives Mabel a grin.

"It's been ages since you were last here." Leon smiles, laughing. "How have you been?"

"I've been great," Mabel smiles. "How have you been?"

"Great," Leon replies. "When did you get home?"

"A few hours ago." Mabel answers.

"Do the others know you're home yet?" Leon asks.

"No, not yet." Mabel shakes her head.

"We have got to meet with them right away," Leon says, taking out his phone.

"Uh, sure." Mabel agrees.

Upon calling everyone, Mabel and Leon are on their way to Wyndon. Arriving at the largest city in Galar, the duo ran from the Monorail station and toward the centre of town where the Corviknight statue was.

Upon seeing everyone there, the duo ran faster toward them. Mabel managed to tackle Raihan to the ground. Rolling off of Raihan, Mabel started laughing, and everyone joined in.

"I'm back." Mabel waved to everyone.

"Welcome home." everyone exclaimed.

Leon helped his friends to their feet, with Raihan and Mabel thanked him in return.

"It is nice to see you back in Galar, Mabel." Kabu smiles.

"Thanks." Mabel smiles. "How is everyone?"

As everyone got to talking, Mabel noticed a younger boy sitting on his own. Going over to the boy, she noticed the Galarian Corsola.

"Hi, are you Allister? The Ghost Type Gym Leader for Stow-on-Side?" Mabel asks.

"Mhm." Allister nods.

"It's nice to meet you, Allister, my name is Mabel." Mabel introduces herself.

"Mhm, I know," Allister whispers. "Bea told me about you when we came over."

"That was kind of her to tell you." Mabel smiles.

"Yeah, it was," whispers Allister. "Were you always from Galar?"

"Forever and always." Mabel sighs, smiling.

"What is it like in Alola?" Allister asks.

"Humid and warm," Mabel replies. "It is practically summer all year long there."

"Were there any ghost variants there?" Allister inquiries.

"No, sorry to disappoint." Mabel answers.

"Oh." Allister averts his eyes.

"However, I do have a pokemon that has the Ghost as a secondary type." Mabel smiles.

"You do?" Allister asks.

"Yep." Mabel grabs a Pokeball from her bag. "Come on out, Decidueye."

Decidueye was released from the ball and chirped. It hugged Mabel when they saw her and she returned the hug.

"Would you like to meet someone?" Mabel asks.

The pokemon nodded in agreement and Mabel laughed with a smile.

"Decidueye, meet Allister." Mabel introduces. "Allister, this is Decidueye. He was my partner pokemon while I was Alola. They are also a Grass-type with Ghost as its secondary type."

"So cool," Allister whispers, his eyes seemed to light up in joy. "Can I...?"

Decidueye nods as it bends down to let Allister pet its head. Allister seemed to be in a world of his own as he and Decidueye got to know one another. Staring at the scene in front of her, Mabel smiles as Decidueye treats Allister with care.