029

Time Skip: 11 Months later

Jisoo's POV:

I woke up lazily and checked the time: eleven am. A heart attack was on its way but my mind quickly recalled that I had taken a day off today. My eyes no longer considered these walls foreign: 11 months is enough time to get used to a new house.

I got freshened up and had my food, which always felt like more a formality than necessity. After a few hours of spending time on the television or reading book, I finally started towards my main goal— cooking dinner. We of course have a maid, but I like to cook once a while. It helps me calm down.

I had decided on a traditional stew which was easy in the ingredient part, but required a lot of brewing a stirring for hours.

By the time I was cutting up onions, my eyes began to burn. And it reminded me clearly of how my eyes burned this morning, because of the dream I was living before waking up.

And the dream had him. His eyes, his perfect smile, is euphoric existence. And I stood there admiring him lovingly.

It surprised me— he had stopped making cameos in my dreams a while ago, but it happened today. And so I woke up with eyes stinging, threatening to cry.

Me and Jungkook decided to move to Warsaw, since one of our eminent branches is here and a plant of his company too is underway. This way we could work easily. For around 9 months, he was all I could ask for. Jungkook helped me get over all the sorrow, and became my best buddy- helping me through the lows.

He never failed with his serotonin-like personality, I always ended up brushing aside my heartbroken thoughts. Yet my mind meekly questioned: everything felt perfect with him, too much like him. Had I become so naïve and love-struck that I could not realise the hoax played on his part? It pricked my ego and made me feel foolish. I started to think it was better not to open up to anyone, ever.

But feelings cannot be buried for long, since the inauguration of our intimacy took place around two months ago. Jungkook couldn't suppress his feelings any longer, I assume. I gave in. I have no clue if I had grown to like him or it was out of gratitude, maybe it was the want to be loved. Anyhow, we became a couple.

I've convinced him and myself (almost) that I'm over Taehyung. That chapter of my life has ended.

But deep inside, a part of me still longs for him, and I loathe myself for it.

3rd Person's POV:

When Jisoo informed her friends about what had happened, Jennie realised the blunder that took place. Since she ran away with Yoongi, Taehyung was not in a situation anymore. But now that Jisoo had already shifted to Warsaw, what could be done? On the safe side, she decided not to disclose whom she was being forced to marry, referring to him as a 'wealthy heir'.

Jungkook returned to the house, and found Jisoo sprawled out on the sofa, immersed in a book. A smile effortlessly coursed through his lips.

"Hello~", she said, looking at him.

"Hey", he mumbled whilst throwing himself on the sofa, next to her. Jisoo understood in a second the meaning behind the look in his eyes and leaned in. Jungkook smiled as they shared a kiss. When they detached, Jisoo's cheeks were painted red and the other's heart was pounding. Jisoo lay herself on Jungkook's lap and continued reading.

"Did you enjoy your day off?", he asked, grabbing three thin bunches of hair near Jisoo's ear.

"I guess, but I got bored half way. It's not like a labour for hours at the office or something.", the man hummed while braiding the strands of hair in his fingers.

"Where's our cook, is dinner ready? I'm starving." Jisoo pointed to herself and said, "I'm the cook for today!"

"Really?"

"Yeah, there was something I wanted to make since long. I spent hours stirring it. I think my legs are almost dead."

"Bet it's delicious." Jisoo frowned, "Any doubt?" Jungkook smiled as he was done with his braid on the left side of her face as well. The two little additions to her hairdo gave her an adorable appearance. "Nope, not at all.", he remarked before pecking her cheek and getting up.

After dinner was done (which mostly comprised Jungkook raving about the food and raising Jisoo's level of narcissism), they decided to take a walk to the ice-cream parlour nearby for dessert.

On the way back, Jisoo was visibly in pain due to her feet. Jungkook offered to give her a piggyback ride and she agreed. He grunted as she climbed his back. "You could've postponed the cooking for another day. Look at how tired you've gotten."

"Yeah", she whined. "But I already was procrastinating for a while."

"How long?"

"I've been putting it off for around two months.", Jungkook was left speechless. What could one reply to that?

Jisoo was almost asleep on his back when they reached home. Jungkook laid her down on the bed beside himself and watched her face. She was clearly uncomfortable and kept moving her legs. After pondering for a minute, Jungkook took her legs into his lap and massaged them gently. He grinned when she let out a sigh of relief.

Once her face started to soften and he was assured the pain was alleviated, he lay down beside her and quickly pecked her lips. He then gently slipped his arm around her waist and tried to sleep.

They were together, in each other's arms— just how it was supposed to be. His heart felt full and warm. Yet, a question reigned over his mind.

Would this go on forever?

(A/N: Hewwo, ik i was gone for so long lol. Exams just took sm of my time and now will ruin the coming months till the results :"D

Anyway, hope you like the chapter. I'm so proud this book is almost coming to its end, it about damn time.

I promise to update more frequently and love yaa <3)

published: 25.05.22

1008 words

~sid.