/5/

𝑆𝑜 𝑔𝑜 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑥𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑑...

   "Hey Lexi, I'm here to pick up Cas," Scarlett said as she waited on the steps of the Howard's front door. 

    "Uh yeah okay." Lexi turned around and screamed for Cassie "Cassie! Scarlett's here!"

   Lexi turned back around and the two of them stood in silence until Cassie arrived at the door.

   "Hey," Cassie said quietly. Scarlett nodded and Cassie squeezed in front of Lexi to get outside. 

   "I'll see you later," Cassie said to her sister and Lexi nodded and closed their front door.

   Cassie and Scarlett walked to Scarlett's car in silence. Once they got into the vehicle Scarlett turned to Cassie.

  "Where do you want to talk?" Cassie shrugged looking forward. Scarlett rolled her eyes and put the car in drive.

   "The park it is." Music was the only form of sound that erupted inside of the car beside the sniffles that came from Cassie. Once the two arrived at the park they decided to sit on the bench overlooking the playground,

   Cassie was the first to speak up, surprisingly. "Scarlett I just want to explain myself," Cassie said looking down.

   "You wanna explain yourself looking me in the eyes or are you too ashamed to?" Cassie looked up at Scarlett in her eyes and continued. 

   "I know you're upset and feel like  betrayed you and like I betrayed Maddy by being with Nate but you don't understand what I feel when I'm around him." Scarlett laughed.

   "I don't get what it feels like to be around him? I don't get it, Cassie?" Scarlett laughed again. "Trust me. I fucking get it." Cassie lightly smiled.

   "So you understand why I'm with him?" Scarlett shook her head.

   "No, I don't fucking understand. What type of person fucks two of her best friends ex's I mean you're fucking psycho." 

   "No, but you guys weren't even dating and you know that Scarlett and Maddy and Nate were broken up so I'm not in the wrong." Scarlett chuckled.

  "Oh okay so let me just call Mckay right now and tell him I want him to fuck me and it's okay, right? Because yall aren't together? As if he didn't manipulate you, make you feel less than, get you pregnant then make you get an abortion? Wouldn't that fucking piss you off Cassie if you were in my shoes and walked into that bathroom to see Mckay on his knees eating me out and enjoying it?" Cassie remained silent for a second.

  "Has he hit you yet?" Scarlett asked and Cassie shook her head.

   "You're in for such a treat Cassie. What prompts you to get with a guy who physically and verbally abused and tormented two of your best friends? Like what?"

  "You're being hypocritical Scarlett," Cassie said and Scarlett put one leg over the other and leaned forward.

  "Is that so?" Cassie nodded.

   "You willingly slept with Nate when he was with Maddy."

  "Cassie shut up. You know Maddy and I were never friends until winter formal." 

   "Cassie it hurts. It hurts me bad. I spent my whole break confining in you because I couldn't stop thinking and feeling the things I still feel about him. I told you I loved him, I told you how he hurt me and hurt my relationship I was trying to build with someone else because I needed to forget about him and when I saw him with you, everything that I felt about him came in one emotion and that emotion was anger. I don't know what's going on with you but I hope you know you've lost someone who genuinely cares about you and wants the best for you and is that person who does, him. Nate? He isn't the person you should be with to heal you."

   "And how is he the person for you then since that's what you're trying to get at Scarlett." Cassie then stood up.

  "Because I'm not nearly as broken as you." Cassie laughed.

  "You're delusional if you think he still even thinks about you Scarlett." Scarlett then stood up.

  "I don't have to make delusions if I already know." Cassie's phone then began ringing.

   "Hi Nate," Cassie said with excitement in her voice and she walked a few feet away to where Scarlett couldn't hear their conversation. A few minutes later she came back with a smile on her face.

   "You don't have to worry about dropping me off home, Nate's on the way to pick me up." Scarlett quietly laughed.

   "Isn't that so sweet Cassie." Cassie held a straight face when lights from a car illuminated Cassie's face. Scarlett turned around and low and behold Nate Jacob's truck resided behind them. Nate got out of his truck leaving his car running and walked over to the two. 

   "You didn't tell me she was here," Nate said to Cassie not acknowledging Scarlett at all.

  "Yes, Nate all your bitches are here. Should I call Maddy and let her know of this festive outing at the park?" Scarlett pulled out her phone and before Scarlett could put the phone back into her pocket Nate grabbed it out of her hand and threw it into the parking lot.

  "What the fuck Nate!" Nate stood up Scarlett and leaned into her ear, Scarlett could feel the tension between them, Scarlett was scared but knew he wouldn't hurt her in front of Cassie.

  "I will ruin your life if you tell Maddy, Scar and I'm fucking serious." He then walked back to Cassie and put his arm around her shoulder and kissed her head and the two of them started walking to his truck.

   "I'm glad we resolved our issues, Cassie! And you fucking owe me, Nate!'' the two ignored the screams from Scarlett and drove off leaving Scarlett alone, in the dark.

                                                                                           -

Sorry for the delay, and short chapter but I think this was a good filler chapter.