𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 ━━ before the night is gone

❝ c h a p t e r ━ t h r e e ❞

The late-night streets buzzed with activity, illuminated by the city lights. Yeo Reum's disheveled hair hinted at the night's escapades as she peacefully slept on the side of the taxi's backseat. Kim Wook, sitting on the other side, gazed out of the window, lost in contemplation.

Lee Yeo Reum... Why did she drink so much?

Wook recalled the moment he received Yeo Reum's message, a simple plea for help. Without hesitation, he donned his blue hoodie and rushed out the door, a familiar routine whenever Yeo Reum needed assistance. His mother, accustomed to his unwavering concern for Yeo Reum, barely raised an eyebrow.

Turning his attention from the window, Wook's eyes rested on Yeo Reum's peaceful slumber.

She should be more cautious. But... Why are you... always looking the other way? I know you like that other guy, but I just can't give up on you... Actually, I don't know what I want to do with you. Is it enough for me to be your friend who you can contact at any time?

In that moment, Wook noticed his fingertips grazing Yeo Reum's, a gentle touch that surprised him. Attempting to replicate the contact, he hesitated, his hand hovering close to hers without actually touching.

Or...Do I want to hold your hand...? I hate you for not noticing, but I hate myself more for not telling you anything because of the fear of losing you, Yeo Reum.

As the taxi navigated a bump in the road, Wook closed his eyes, his face adorned with a rosy hue. Shyly stealing a glance at Yeo Reum, he found her hand resting next to his.

Taken aback, Wook's pupils widened, and after a deep breath, he turned away, redirecting his gaze out of the window.

I really... do hate myself...

Their destination approached, and Wook gently nudged Yeo Reum awake. Her eyes fluttered open.

"Yeo Reum. Wake up. We're here."

"What? Oh. Wook..."

She stretched her arms, preparing to exit the car. Waving goodbye to the taxi driver, she thanked Wook with a smile.

"Thanks, Wook."

As the car door closed, Wook's smile disappeared, replaced by a contemplative look directed at his hand.

──────────────

┏━━━━━ •◦இ•◦ ━━━━━┓

𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝. a mask to hide real feelings.

┗━━━━━ •◦இ•◦ ━━━━━┛

──────────────

Later, Kim Wook found himself casually seated on his bed, staring at the hand Yeo Reum had touched. His eyes glowed with a mix of emotions as he brought his hand to his lips. Realizing the significance of the moment, he fell back onto his covers, frantically kicking his legs in a blend of joy and internal conflict. The mask he wore to hide his true feelings became increasingly evident in the solitude of his room.