A New Objective

Nobody's P.O.V.

The three scouts went back to the cell.

Sitting down, Eren spoke to them all.

Eren: Any of you decided yet

....

Connie: Don't even need to pack.

Eren smiled. That's 4 of them tagging along now.

Jean: I take it you want me to come too.

Jean said while breathing slowly still weak and temporarily immobile.
He didn't have the energy to take a piss if he really wanted to.

Eren: Can't let you die down here.

Jean laughed, coughing up blood, but enjoying himself.
Christa rested her cold hand on his head to relax him.

Jean: that cracks me up.

Eren: don't worry. We'll get you out of here. Give it time.

Jean: You think I got much left.

The room went silent.

Jean slid his hand up to his wounds. Stress came down on Eren. He couldn't let him die. Selfishly, he didn't want him to die on his watch. He'd rather let him go out fighting than imagine him bleeding out when it could be prevented by a few solutions and not fear the blame he'd feel afterwards. However, those solutions led to more questions.
Get him to a nurse?
Where?
Burn the wound till the blood would stop coming out?
Where are the essentials to perform that operation?
There wasn't anything they could do without them meeting the requirements of getting certain tools and or personnel to handle something like that. Once they entered the survey corps, none of their instructors taught them to patch themselves up. They were expected to already know how to do that. It shows how the walls really thought of the regiments as titan chow.

Jean: You guys know what it feels like.

He coughed up a lot more.

Jean: to have blood run down your gut.

Connie: Umm,

Jean: No, not you. I don't want to hear something stupid.

Christa looked up at Eren and Mikasa

Christa: We've got to do something.

They both wanted to say something.

Christa: Now.

Eren: We'll have a plan.

Christa: It's gotta happen right now Eren. What do we do about this.

Jean: Please, stop yelling. It makes everything worse.

Even though she wasn't. She lightened her tone.

Christa: We don't have much time. Eren, he'll need something.

Armin saw as tension grew. There was no telling how much longer Jean could hold out. They had zero assistance and none of them are licensed in medical care. They can't go outside and attempt to find the nearest doctor. But, maybe they can locate a doctors office. That meant they'd have to search thousands of houses which would take too long unless they had something like a tax journal which could tell them the occupation of the thousands upon thousands of people in wall Sina and no doubt they'd have an address to go to.

Armin: We need to find an MP's  office.

Eren: Hmm? What for?

Armin: We can grab a tax journal that'll give us information on the citizens in the district. That way, we might be able to get some medical supplies for Jean. Poroxide, stitches, things in that category.