The Truth.

Nobody's P.O.V.

Eren and mikasa were still sitting outside. Trying to process what's happened in the last hour or so.

Eren: She's gotta talk.

Mikasa: She will.

Eren: How can you be sure she'll tell us the truth?

Mikasa: I'm not. I'm not thinking that at all. I know I'm seeing the real her. That's all the knowledge I have Eren. Beating her won't help either.

Eren: I didn't hit her, I roughened her up a little.

Mikasa: Eren....

Eren: I DIDN'T LIKE DOING THAT TO HER! OK! BUT AFTER EVERYTHING SHE'S DONE. THE PEOPLE SHE HAS SLAUGHTERED, DON'T YOU THINK THE PEOPLE WE'VE LOST THAT DAY DESERVE JUSTICE!

Mikasa: THEY DO! WHAT AREN'T YOU UNDERSTANDING. YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING, BUT YOU DON'T THINK. YOU LET YOUR EMOTIONS GET THE BETTER OF YOU.

Eren: DAMN UNDERSTANDING, EVERYONE WHO DIED ON THE EXPEDITION DIDN'T GET TO SEE THEIR FAMILIES. NOT ELD, NOT PETRA, NOT OURO OR GUNTHER.

Mikasa slapped Eren across the right side of his face. She grasped his shoulders.

Mikasa: There is no good ending for everyone Eren. There is no justification. What we have to work with what we have now. We can't screw this up. We'll get Annie to talk. Trust me she'll tell the truth. Take a step back and look at her before and now. Is that the same girl we knew in training.

Eren paused, and did so.

Eren's P.O.V.

Annie..... is this the real you...... You're never scared. You've never been not once in your life.
What made you the way you were? Is this your fault? Damn it, I don't know what to believe. Mikasa has a point. However she could be using that innocent act to fool us. But that's not like her. She's a fighter and not a manipulator. Well she is but not in that way.

Nobody's P.O.V.

Eren: You're right. We have to work with what we have now.

Mikasa: I'm glad you understand. Now we need to figure out how to approach her.

Eren: I'll do it.

Mikasa: What?

Eren: I'll talk to her.

Mikasa: On your own? Eren no.

Eren: I won't get crazy again. It'll just be me and her talking. Besides we might get a confession out of her if I only went in there.

Mikasa: What makes you say that?

Mikasa frowned.

Eren: She'll be nervous around me. She'll tell the truth. I'm not gonna hurt her, but I want her to get the impression I do.

Mikasa: So your plan is to make her feel pressured to get a confession?

Eren: It's as good as any.

Mikasa: Eren I don't know if I can trust you.

Eren: I'll go in there, in a good state of mind. She'll probably be shaken up. But I won't use excessive force. I'm telling you to count on me. Mikasa please.

Mikasa's P.O.V.

Can I really count on him not to lose his temper and risk him hitting her or possibly killing her? I can't. But I'll watch them and if anything goes wrong I'll step in.

Mikasa: Fine, but the door stays open. I'll be watching you two just in case things get out of hand.

Eren: They won't, I promise.