Chapter 3

Ardwurt Castle, Ardista City. 1 day after the RANGS Bullhead Event

"Your majesty", Admiral Graves called as he entered the throne room.

"You may enter.", King Arde IX responded as he strokes the fur of his pet dog Hoffs. Hoffs stood up and rushed towards the Admiral while wagging his tail, which Graves' expected from His Majesty's dog.

"So why are you here Admiral? Something happened?", the king asked.

"Yes sir. Last night, exactly 11:32pm 100 nautical miles northeast of Kilo Island, one of our cruiser submarines experienced a radar and pumps malfunction which forced them to surface. Just as they finished fixing the pumps..", he paused as Graves tries to not sound upset.

"Continue"

"Apologies your Majesty. After they fixed the pumps, they encountered three vessels which attacked them without any warning. We are still trying to identify where they came from but the crew reported that vessels are identified as fast armored cruisers, like those we used 4 decades ago."

"In retaliation, our guys fired one torpedo and sank one of the cruisers. They then fell back immediately.", Graves added.

He can clearly see the frown forming in the kings face. He doesn't know what to do since it's the first time he saw the king upset. He was about to break the silence when the king asked.

"So which one of our submarines is it?"

"RANGS Bullhead your highness."

"I need to talk to them ASAP."

"I'll arrange for that sir. On the other hand, it seems like we can form a diplomatic relations with another country north of us."

The king's mood switched. Graves knew what the king will say next so he just waited which didn't took long.

"Hmmm do you know what country is that?"

"They identify themselves as the Gra Valkas Empire sir. Reports from one of our submarines up north said that in their patrol, a wall of light appeared and a fleet of one battleship and two destroyers emerged from the light.", he paused again. He can see that the king is listening to his reports.

"The battleship and one destroyer turned around while the other destroyer detected and pursued our submarine. It is also the exact time our Investigation fleet commanded by Vice Admiral Josephine Rose came and established contact with the ship.", Graves added.

"So we can finally form diplomatic relationship with another nation in this new world? Thank you Rear Admiral for the report. I'll call the Foreign Affairs Office, Admiral, you can leave now."

"Thank you Your Majesty."

As Graves left the room, the king called the Foreign Affairs Chairman for a meeting regarding the first ever Diplomatic talks in this new world.

..............

"Your Majesty, I think we should set aside the diplomatic talks with this nation..", the Foreign Affairs Chairman said as he pointed out the nation of Paganda in a map seized from a merchant steam ship who found themselves drifting toward the port city of Mio, located at the eastern seaboard.

"And focus with the diplomatic talks with our friend in the north. We will probably be endangering our diplomats if we pushed our talks with this country.", the chairman said as he pointed again to the nation of Paganda.

"I think we should go with that. Contact the Gra Valkan ship in Kilo and tell them that we request a diplomatic talks with their nation.", King Ard ordered which the chairman happily obeyed. As the chairman was about to leave the room, King Ard added.