Chapter 10: Garden Nymph

The two of you finished up in the bath and decided to make it an early night. You cooked together which was filled with more mindless flirting and laughs. You enjoyed his company as much as he enjoyed yours. It felt like the two of you had broken some sort of barrier between each other.

The moon had just graced the cottage when you and Levi settled down into bed. Within minutes, the man immediately passed out into slumber. His face unconsciously rolled into the crook of your neck, his arm stretched over your body and rested above your head.

If Levi had seen himself that night, he probably would've been horrified. The way his body leaned into yours, it was too vulnerable... by his standards.

You smiled to yourself and let him sleep against you, rubbing his back.

By morning, the two of you were entangled in each other's arms. Neither of you knew how that'd happened. Your eyes opened only to see yourself facing Levi, your head sat right below his chin. His heart beat against your forehead and you felt his warmth blanket your entire body. He was fast asleep with a frizzy bedhead. His mouth sat slightly open as he exhaled quiet breaths.

You didn't mind waking up to such a sight... Levi was definitely easy on the eyes even first thing in the morning. You sat up and stretched your arms, you had to go out into the fields that morning to water the new seeds.

All you had on was a short robe and some underwear. You rubbed your eyes and looked at the ground only to see Levi's big white button up on the floor.

An idea popped into your head...

You'd only be outside for a couple minutes, it wouldn't hurt to just throw on his shirt really quick. Right?

You picked up the clothing and slowly slipped off your own. You poked your arms through as it looked more like a dress on you. The fringe hit right at your thighs and the sleeves felt so loose on your arms. You looked back at Levi who was still asleep. Hopefully he wouldn't catch you like this.

You filled up a watering can and headed outside. The meadow looked almost unreal under the morning sun. The way the light gently caressed the grass, making it shine in a golden green. The peach colored sky, the soft chill. You never got tired of waking up to such a view.

You hummed yourself a melody and trailed barefoot around the garden, watering your seeds... in Levi's shirt.

Speak of the devil.

You looked up from your task in the yard only to see Levi standing by the front door in only a pair of pants. You paused and flashed him a guilty grin.

"So that's where my shirt went!" He hollered, the wind blowing between you two.

"If you want it, you're gonna have to come and get it!" You giggled.

"Are you serious?"

"Perhaps!" You shrugged.

Levi sighed and forced himself not to crack a smile.

You teased him. "Are you stalling? I guess this shirt is mine now!"

The sun had barely come out and you were already playing games with this man. However, Levi couldn't stop himself from participating. He followed you out into the meadow as you ran away from him, your laughs echoed through the air.

The grass brushed against your legs as your hair shuffled in the wind. Levi couldn't take his eyes off you, even though he pretended to be annoyed. If he could replay the sound of your playful giggling, he would.

The man finally caught up with you as you both collapsed onto the grass. He hovered over you with a shy smile on his face and laughed with you, forgetting his usual stoic facade.