Lore

Some important points regarding the lore of this book before we begin.

MOST OF THE LORE WAS CREATED BY SaccharineKittyKatt. PLEASE DO NOT STEAL IDEAS OR USE THEM WITHOUT ASKING ME FIRST.

Ranks

Here are some key facts about ranks:

- Cats can only become Royals if they are related to the current Royals (e.g. cousins, daughters, sons). No other cats can become Royals.

- Royal Elders are not retired Royals (it is considered to be weak to give up the position of a Royal), but they are retired Heirs.

- Royals are the highest ranking cats, but female Royals are considered more important than their male counterparts, for they are the ones who will continue to bloodline and produce kits to become the next Royals.

- Seers are chosen by the Gods. If the Gods visit you on the night before your apprentice ceremony, then they will become a Seer and will be branded with a red circle on their left shoulder. Apprentice Seers' Seer name will be chosen by the Gods.

- Commoners are those who have failed their warrior/hunter/seer/healer exam. They only keep their prefix and can tend to all the cats of the clan. They usually cannot leave camp unless given permission by those higher ranking than them.

- Cats that are ranked lower must address those who have a higher rank than them by their full title, e.g. Seer Whiteblossom, Warrior Petalshine, etc.

- Here are the ranks in order of importance:

Female Royal (Queen), Male Royal (King), Heirs, Royal Elders, Seers, Healers, Warriors, Hunters, Kit Mothers, Kits Apprentices, Commoners.

Elementals

A very few cats in each clan have powers and they are referred to as Elementals. The clans shun these cats and if they are found, will be executed on the spot or exiled. However, the decision is made solely by the Royal(s).

Elementals can only have element-related powers, so don't expect your cat to be able to make concrete out of their bare paws.

The Clans

A little info on the clans:

OakClan, the brave and courageous

OakClan pride themselves as being the bravest of the four clans. They live in a rich and well-lit forest. Their camp is a clearing protected with a border of brambles.

MistClan, the cunning and sly

MistClan live in a dark, misty and dense pine forest. These cats are quite elusive and not many cats have seen MistClan members on their territory. Only medicine cats or seers have been to the heart of MistClan territory. Medicine cats and seers have sworn to keep a secret on what MistClan's camp looks like. Their camp is concealed between tangles of brambles and low-hanging branches, and is a dip beneath the pine trees. The camp is surrounded by trees and only minimal sunlight can filter through into their camp. It is a crater in the ground with a large trunk across the top of it.

BreezeClan, the swift and intelligent

These cats live on a moorland with a slight dip in the middle of their territory which is their camp. Most cats, except for elders and nursing queens, sleep outside, under their ancestors, so most dens remain empty and unused. Their dens are usually abandoned fox or badger dens.

TorrentClan, the kind and proud

These cats aren't afraid to lend a helping paw to those in need. Rogues, loners or lost kittypets are always welcomed. These cats live in a marshy swamp filled with streams, rivers and lakes. They're usually never hungry because of the abundance of prey on their island.