11. I don't wanna be your friend

During the car ride back home Violet stared out her window as her leg bounced rapidly and her hands slightly twitched not being able to get her mind off of what had happened at the school

During the car ride back home Violet stared out her window as her leg bounced rapidly and her hands slightly twitched not being able to get her mind off of what had happened at the school. Rochelle shared small worried glances back to her daughter every now and then while her husband drove the car back home also occasionally moving his eyes off of the road and to the back seat where Violet sat. But now Violet was sitting in her bed trying to read but her mind couldn't focus on the words that was on the pages in front of her, eventually she gave up and placed the book onto her side table next to her bed.

Violets phone buzzed while the ringtone filled the silent room. It was probably the thirteenth time it had rung in the last ten minutes but Violet didn't answer it because she didn't feel like talking to anyone. When the ringtone faded Violet let a soft sigh leave her lips letting her head fall against her knees that were pulled up to her chest. The ringtone once again was heard and this time Violet picked up the phone and answering it not bothering to see who it was "Hello?"

"Violet oh my god are you okay? I heard what happened. Did it hurt you? I swear to god if it did I'm gonna kill it. We'll try at least. It's kinda impossible for me to kill a mountain lion." Stiles voice rung through the phone and Violet's eyes softened after hearing his concerned voice. "Stiles?"

"Yeah it's Stiles. Did it hurt you?" Stiles responded as Violet let her body fall back onto her bed so she was laying on it. "No it didn't hurt me. Is your dad okay?" A sigh escaped Stiles lips relieved that Violet was okay "Uh he's gonna be okay." They fell into a soft comforting silence so they could listen to each others breathing through the speaker but then Stiles whispered "Do you want me to come over?"

Violet smiled slightly but answered with "No it's okay, you can stay at home and make sure that your dad is okay." Stiles sat on his bed holding the phone up to his ear listening to her small voice and just by hearing her voice through the phone he could tell that she was trying to keep herself together. "Are you sure? I mean If you need someone you know you can just tell me and I'll be there in like a minute."

"Yeah I'm sure." Violet replied wearing a small smile. "Okay, will I see you at school tomorrow?" Stiles asked hoping that she would be there so he could give a massive comforting hug. Stiles hugs would always make Violet feel safe and that was all that she needed at the moment but she wasn't going to let Stiles leave his dad while he was hurt from the car that had hit him. "Yeah, I'll be there."

Stiles lips curved up into a smile "Get a goodnight sleep Violet."

"You too." Violet whispered before moving her phone away from her ear and ending the call. Talking to Stiles made her feel so much better even if it wasn't a long chat and that was because hearing Stiles voice calmed her nerves and it made her happy.