𝐈𝐈 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐈

Sirius Black

James was in reasonably high spirits after that afternoon of truth or dare. They had each taken turns with a truth and a dare. Sirius's truth question was what was his lowest score on his O.W.Ls

"History of Magic," Sirius replied, not a hint of embarrassment. "I got a 'T'" 

Then Sirius's dare was the same as Leah's. Not wanting to reveal his true crush, he said he didn't have one. 

"Veritaserum anyone?" Lily said with a grin, in which Sirius hastily pointed to Marlene in a hurry. Truth be told, he liked her as only a friend. But he couldn't say Lily, (James would get upset), he couldn't say Alice (duh, she had a boyfriend), and he couldn't say Leah, (as he actually liked her), and couldn't say James, (seeing as he didn't want to ruin their friendship, and he had a sneaking suspicion that Lily liked James, and he didn't want to make her upset.) 

So he could only say Marlene. It really pained him to do so, because he knew that Marlene would completely overreact. It couldn't be so bad going out with him, right? Come on, he thought to himself, all these girls have been trying to get with him forever. And they are so upset when Sirius kissed them once and then moves on to another girl. 

Marlene had shrieked in disgust then told him plainly that he was the last person she would ever fall for. She even said she would rather kiss Severus Snape. 

Which James then made Marlene's dare. Kiss Snape or go on a date with Sirius. Marlene had chosen kiss Snape, which she did on the cheek (she viciously washed her lips after that). Snape had been so confused; first Alice says she fell in love with his greasy head, then he receives a cheek kiss from Marlene?

James was eagerly recounting all of this to Remus and Peter in the library at nine pm, after Remus insisted that he had to finish his homework. James had saved the best part for last. 

"Oh- and- stop, Remus!" James exclaimed as Remus leaned down to continue reading. Remus sighed in annoyance and looked up again. "You'll miss the best part!" James insisted. "Ok, so Lily's dare was to kiss me, but she put up this whole fight," he did a whiny impression of Lily, "but then she had to do it, and-" 

"She kissed you?" Peter asked, leaning closer to hear. 

"Yes, Peter, she did!" James said, annoyed. "But I want to explain it in full HD detail!" 

"James, PLEASE!" Sirius burst. "I was there, I saw it!" 

"But they didn't!" James motioned to Remus and Peter. 

"Okay, I'll do it." Sirius said. He leant against the backing of the chair. "So Lily comes over to James, gives him the quickest peck I have ever seen, complains about him, and boom, done." 

James frowned. "I wanted to give you the play by play about how it felt. Y'know, seeing her face so close." 

"Ew James, that's the last thing I want to hear about!" Remus said, covering his ears. "Can a boy just work already?" 

"Fine," James said. Then he smirked. "But old suave, cool Padface over here wasn't so smooth today," 

"James," Sirius hissed. "You better shut up now." 

James didn't shut up. "Ok, so, he gets a dare to confess his love to someone he likes, and he points to Mighty Marlene!!" 

Remus gasped and Peter almost fell off his chair. He steadied himself at the last second. "You did not!" Peter said. 

"He did," James said with a nod. "But- I know he didn't mean it. He was hiding feelings for one of the other girls-" He narrowed his eyes at Sirius. "A certain Leah White...but Sirius, seriously, if it actually was Lily, you'll never live another peac-" 

"It wasn't Lily!" Sirius said loudly, and to his luck, Madam Pince speed-walked over to their table, and went, "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." 

Then she scurried away. 

"It's Leah, and you know it!" Sirius whisper shouted at James. He smirked. "Yeah, I know." 

"But the Golden Gang is on to us," James told the other two. "They think Sirius likes Leah." 

"Yeah, no thanks to you!" Sirius said, slapping James on the arm. Remus and Peter were confused. Remus put his book down and stared at them. "What did James do this time?" 

"Why do you always assume I did something?" James gasped. Remus shrugged. "Maybe because you always cause trouble. No seriously, always. And you can keep a secret if your life depended on it." 

"Yes I can!" James retorted. "Watch, I-" 

"He loudly said that I got friend-zoned by Leah," Sirius interrupted through gritted teeth. 

Peter and Remus suddenly started laughing. Sirius crossed his arms. James was just smirking while leaning in his chair, yawning.

"Not funny." Sirius said angrily. "The Golden Gang is bound to find out!" 

"Don't you want that?" Peter said, stifling a laugh. "Because then they'll run their big mouths and tell Leah." 

"Lily doesn't have a big mouth!" James said defensively. "She can keep a secret!" 

"Sure," Remus said. 

                                       ╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

"What's going on?" 

Sirius was shoving his way through the crowd in the courtyard. "MOVE, EVERYONE MOVE!" Came Marlene's booming voice. 

"Please, go away!" Lily shouted, sounding tearful. "What's going on?" James repeated as he, Remus and Peter came into the scene. Sirius kept on trying to shove his way to Lily and Marlene. 

"PROFESSOR MCGONAGALL!!" Alice screamed, as a taller adult figure in flowing robes came running. "What is the meaning of thi-" Professor McGonagall started sternly, but then gasped at whatever was causing all this ruckus and rushed forward into the crowd. "Try jumping," Remus suggested, doing it himself. "I- I still can't see!" 

Sirius tried jumping as high as he could, but there were many seventh years who were taller than him and blocking his view, so he couldn't see.

"Do you think Lily is in trouble?!" James asked frantically. "I need to help!" 

"EXCUSE ME!" James yelled at the people around them. "I"M LILY EVAN'S BOYFRIEND, LET ME THROUGH!" 

"I call your bluff," Peter muttered. James glared at him. "She kissed me yesterday. It has to mean something." 

The few other sixth years who worshipped the Marauders scurried out of the way, but the seventh years just scoffed and stood their ground. 

Suddenly a the crowd parted to show Lily, Alice, Marlene and Professor McGonagall.........all who were supporting a bloody and unconscious Leah White. 

So....I left you guys on another cliffhanger, yay! No seriously, I really hate reading them but they are so fun to use. Sorry if this chapter kinda sucks, I just had to find a way to set up the big event that happened at the end. Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed!

- Isa